Florida/North Jersey
I agree with Chip.

Howard

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I will guarantee you will love it or your money back. Ill buy it from you.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Screw everybody else. That blue car with orange stripes looks GREAT!!!!! Especially with the orange calipers and interior. This is a wild car and it looks best in wild colors. Leave the stripes painted on and don't mess with your choice. And I can 100% guarantee you you won't regret it.

Chip

I also agree with Chip. No color combo is too outlandish on this car! It was built to make a statement and that color combo screams: Look out, here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GLH

Apr 19, 2016
Need opinion on this color combo. Wife talked Me in to combo and it's serialized and locked in and now have regrets.

Blue with orange stripes.

Orange Calipers.

Orange launch control interior.

Real opinions I can take it.

Thanks!

#1. Make it your decision. Get what you like!

#2. My 2 cents... Love the orange stripes, calipers, and launch control interior. A darker blue would be better. Maybe custom order the orange with a dark metallic blue like the Kona blue on other Ford cars. Liquid Blue sometimes looks greenish and sometimes looks Purpleish. A blue paint that doesnt change would look better... but that's my 2 cents.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think it is a cool combo. t will be amazing in person.

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm not getting all the drama. Maybe because the concierge made you doubt yourself (or doubt your wife)?

Blue and orange go together. Blue and orange are complementary colors in color theory. Google it.

You may be the first blue/orange GT, but blue/orange has been done many times.

I'd be a bit more concerned about the interior. Orange and black is an entirely different thing.

Imagine a photo from the rear of those orange stripes leading to flames coming out the exhaust. Wouldn't that be incredible? Somebody get Garen to paint that image.

orangeblue1.jpg

orangeblue3.jpg

orangeblue4.jpg

orangeblue5.jpg

orangeblue6.jpg

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I played with the combo on the configurator quite a bit. I think it's a great combo. I can't wait to see it in person.

Ed

WildWest

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
I love it! Although I'm a big Denver Broncos fan...
I'm probably not much help, haha!

WildWest

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
There really isn't a bad combo for the car. All that matters is your preference. Your money, your car. Period. Drive it to a Florida Gators game and you will be King.

Or a Boise State Game! ;-)

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Or a FL Gator.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
Screw everybody else. That blue car with orange stripes looks GREAT!!!!! Especially with the orange calipers and interior. This is a wild car and it looks best in wild colors. Leave the stripes painted on and don't mess with your choice. And I can 100% guarantee you you won't regret it.

Chip

Waiting for call back from concierge today to see what options I have.

I truly appreciate all the posts!!!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Listen to what options the Concierge tells you are available, but do not let them talk you out of what YOU want to do.

I don't think I've seen anything said here that should deter you from this combination.

I think it will look great, and I think the possible " 1 of " aspect would be cool also, although by presenting the question you may trigger some others to do the same. ( That shouldn't deter you either. )

Good luck with you choice, and enjoy your fabulous ride.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I thought about this combo and also blue with red. I agree that do what makes you happy. Can't wait to see it!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Late to the party, but I love the orange and blue!

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
Late to the party, but I love the orange and blue!

You guys are killing me!!!

Pretty sure they are going to let me change my color next week and will probably go Red with white stripe and white interior to match my 2005 GT.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
you sure 'walked around the barn' on this one... Blue to Red.
But , Dr. Frank will certainly approve...!!
andy (ajb)

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
you sure 'walked around the barn' on this one... Blue to Red.
But , Dr. Frank will certainly approve...!!
andy (ajb)

I'll say to everyone just wait until You have to lock in your color...Stressful.

Especially since I had to do it in October.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'll say to everyone just wait until You have to lock in your color...Stressful.

Especially since I had to do it in October.

Red with White Strips? How common. You already own a red/white car, why own another? You'll be sorry you didn't listen to your wife.

Just pulling your chain and having fun with your misery PDiddy. Really, pick the color that makes you feel good when you look at it, not what others want. As the adage states, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and it's your eyes doing the beholding.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The metallic Red? That would also be incredible.

Is the metallic red called liquid red?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Yes - the Red is "Liquid Red"..
Unless you pick a 'special pallet color ' / pay extra (over the $5000.00 for liquid Red) and then 'timing' does become and issue.
ajb (andy)