Blue with Orange stripes

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
OK here's the real world.

I keep the color and get a faster build. One of the The 1st 50 built.

Change the color and possibly lose early build.

Now WTF would You do???

Get the build you want. I don't think you should sacrifice for a faster build, this is a car you'll want to hold on to for many many years. My $0.02

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
Think of the bright side, it's very likely you will have a 1 of 1.

That's kinda funny.

When I ordered car they told Me the design team considers car a mismatch and highly recommends not building this way.

When I tried to change color was told it was definitely 1 of 1 at this point and now they like it.

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
Get the build you want. I don't think you should sacrifice for a faster build, this is a car you'll want to hold on to for many many years. My $0.02

I want to do custom color and do Avalanche grey with orange calipers and orange interior. Not sure if black stripes or no stripe.

Think they are charging $50K for custom color...ouch!!!

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
I want to do custom color and do Avalanche grey with orange calipers and orange interior. Not sure if black stripes or no stripe.

Ouch indeed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That's kinda funny.

When I ordered car they told Me the design team considers car a mismatch and highly recommends not building this way.

When I tried to change color was told it was definitely 1 of 1 at this point and now they like it.

There really isn't a bad combo for the car. All that matters is your preference. Your money, your car. Period. Drive it to a Florida Gators game and you will be King.

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017

Similar to the Audi Exclusive.

Have R car and Raptor in this color and just really like it.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It is like taking a true-false exam. Usually your first selection is the correct one.
What color would you change it to?
Andy (ajb)

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York

My thoughts as well. Get the one YOU want. Much more important than an early build (says the guy who is hoping for a year 4 allocation!). But seriously, you don't want to regret the pick. So don't worry about the timing, just make sure you're happy.

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
Looks incredible I really like that one of my favorite!!!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jerry K

Feb 17, 2016
San Francisco
The unspoken issue is that many would like a red leather interior and they are strangely not offering one. Choosing orange as a red substitute doesn't really work. Solution is probably to order Henry Ford's favorite color, Black, and then have it reupholstered locally in red leather after delivery.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Whatever the combo is, I would say get what YOU want and don't let anyone talk you out of it. Wife included. Potentially dangerous advice, but it's my advice.

+1.. if in doubt go blue no stripe and add your own vinyl stripes of any color.. you can always change it up..

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
He is getting what HE wants. Ask his wife.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Well, I checked with my wife and Monica said it looks really beautiful, so you are good! :thumbsup :biggrin

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ask Xcentric, we need a third confirmation to make it official that Blue/Orange looks great.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Need opinion on this color combo. Wife talked Me in to combo and it's serialized and locked in and now have regrets.

Blue with orange stripes.

Orange Calipers.

Orange launch control interior.

Real opinions I can take it.

Thanks!

That's the spec I configured before I saw the Heritage #2 car.
Blue/Orange will be my backup plan if the special edition isn't available when my number comes up.

Remember... "Mo money, mo problems"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Choose your car.

The excitement having one of the first builds vanishes after a few months but the right configuration stays during ownership (and might increase value, see heritage paintscheme on 05/06 FGT). And last but not least the later the build the more quirks have been ironed out by the factory.

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
Choose your car.

The excitement having one of the first builds vanishes after a few months but the right configuration stays during ownership (and might increase value, see heritage paintscheme on 05/06 FGT). And last but not least the later the build the more quirks have been ironed out by the factory.

Best advice!!! Thanks!!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
That's the spec I configured before I saw the Heritage #2 car.
Blue/Orange will be my backup plan if the special edition isn't available when my number comes up.

Remember... "Mo money, mo problems"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw

There goes 1 of 1 :)

Fordcarsforfun

GT Owner
Apr 13, 2016
Blue and Orange! DO IT!!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Screw everybody else. That blue car with orange stripes looks GREAT!!!!! Especially with the orange calipers and interior. This is a wild car and it looks best in wild colors. Leave the stripes painted on and don't mess with your choice. And I can 100% guarantee you you won't regret it.

Chip