Navigator

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Waiting on the aluminum Expedition to come out so I can order, our 08 Expedition EL has 88,000 miles. Like the Navigator but not seen one in EL model, Renee could not go back to the standard size with the grand kids and cargo room. Cost difference will be a big driver at our camp but will press for a deal if they offer an EL model. Sounds like 4th quarter before they will be out for production. Sure look like a sweet ride!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Waiting on the aluminum Expedition to come out so I can order, our 08 Expedition EL has 88,000 miles. Like the Navigator but not seen one in EL model, Renee could not go back to the standard size with the grand kids and cargo room. Cost difference will be a big driver at our camp but will press for a deal if they offer an EL model. Sounds like 4th quarter before they will be out for production. Sure look like a sweet ride!

There is a new big one. They just call it Expedition MAX now, and it's a foot longer than the regular version.. Might just be me, but the extended length versions of Expedition and Navigator both look a lot better.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Bigger is better is always the best in my book!

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Must be beyond HUGE, the navigator on its own is huge.

There is a new big one. They just call it Expedition MAX now, and it's a foot longer than the regular version.. Might just be me, but the extended length versions of Expedition and Navigator both look a lot better.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Regular

18epd_Gallery_09_1250.jpg

MAX

18epd_Gallery_10_1250.jpg

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
MAX looks better in my opinion too. I had a 2010 EL and it was a great truck. Had been looking forward to this redesign, put an order in on a Raptor in the meantime.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Might just be me, but the extended length versions of Expedition and Navigator both look a lot better.

I take it this doesn't work for you?

xpzr8fqmscz25x1m7yof.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, I'm all set.

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
The max version looks very good.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Thanks Dave, they have a lot more room in the seating and tons of extra cargo room. Now like the NFGT I just have to set back and wait.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Picked up a 18 Expedition the other day fully loaded .It's a pretty nice ride , Mickele said she likes it which is like a 10 star rating with her cuz she never says she likes anything much when it comes to automobiles.

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpg
    IMG_1781.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 292

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
very nice.... wow ... those chrome wheels would look great on my 2017 Ford GT Liquid Blue.. !

andy (ajb)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We just got our Navigator L in time for Christmas. It is ridiculously nice. You can't make a comparison with the extremely long-in-the-tooth version it replaced. The interior is just phenomenal. Black Label wasn't available when we ordered but even the Reserve model is beautiful inside. I could seriously live in it. Cavernous, smooth ride, seemingly 300,000 way massaging seats, hauls the mail for being 6000 lbs (450 hp/510 tq), finally has the 10 speed, killer HUD. Exterior is very nice as well, basically it just looks like a Naval Destroyer-sized Range Rover Sport. They should make billions selling these.

Quibble is that the entertainment now has SD/HDMI/USB but no DVD, which means I'm getting a lot of grief in the interim until I figure out how to get all the kids' existing media in a playable format.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Yeah these things look sick. I totally agree with the MAX version looking better. Going to be in the market for one in the next year. Time to start test driving the Expedition MAX and Navigator!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
My only qualm with the Expedition is it's only 375 horse, hopefully I can retune it to get more. The Lincoln is too fancy for us we need more of just an everday vehicle.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So you have an inverter, and an HDMI input, toss a small DVD player on the floor (just kidding, but it would actually work...)

Quibble is that the entertainment now has SD/HDMI/USB but no DVD, which means I'm getting a lot of grief in the interim until I figure out how to get all the kids' existing media in a playable format.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
These are great looking SUVs.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
DBK - Any photos of the Navigator? That's going to be our next SUV. I sat in the light blue one at a Polo Event here in Scottsdale and wouldn't have changed a thing. Loved it.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
My only qualm with the Expedition is it's only 375 horse, hopefully I can retune it to get more. The Lincoln is too fancy for us we need more of just an everday vehicle.

If you get a Platinum you get 400 hp in the Expedition. :)

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Yeah the problem with the Platinum is the interior color is only white or black and we like the Steel Grey on The Limited. its just tuning to get the extra horsepower so I'm sure we'll get it figured out in time