Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I can't believe how crazy things are getting. I love it! 9.65 quarter mile e.t., 840 hp, AND 6 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty? Just nuts!! Ok, I might have to get one of these....

Last edited:

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
4280 lbs? Yes, it's incredibly fast but you'll feel the fat in the twisties.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Given it's weight the performance even that much more amazing.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

On the car in general: I drove one of those in the 90's. The car is essentially a Mercedes E320 with a Dodge power plant. The sad thing is that the Challenger is still an 90's Benz.

There is a guy that makes these really funny movies with Hitler dissing his staff about cars. As offensive as the players may be, they really are funny. One of the best lines from the one about the Challenger was something like "you can light a firecracker in the ass**** of an elephant and it will go fast but you can't make it turn".

Let's face it, the Mercedes base car was a wonderful touring car. I had an E320, it was absolutely without a doubt the most comfortable driving car I ever owned, but it was HEAVY.

So while the Demon might be big in numbers, the Challenger REQUIRES all that horsepower to match the weight:HP ratio of the competition. Their downfall is they don't have a suspension worthy of a track car.

It does, however, do a really good job of a "modern incarnation of a classic", much as the 07-ish Mustang did a good job of getting the Mustang right once again.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I can't believe how crazy things are getting. I love it! 9.65 quarter mile e.t., 840 hp, AND 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty? Just nuts!! Ok, I might have to get one of these....

You might have to get one? As a Mopar fan you don't have a choice with this one!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Not part of my buying future, but did find this quote entertaining.

"Dodge promises it'll launch the front wheels precisely 2.92 feet in the air—a production car world record certified by the Guinness Book. We're not joking about that."

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
How much over sticker do you think they'll be asking for these?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012

This car is not pretending to be a sports car, Junior. It is a factory drag racer, that you can still drive on the streets with your family, if you spring for the extra two dollars for the passenger and rear seats.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
You might have to get one? As a Mopar fan you don't have a choice with this one!

You're right. I better start contacting my dealer friends. It's probably already too late though…

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I love this thing. It doesn't pretend to be anything but a killer muscle car.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
What a time to be a car nut. There is literally something for everyone out there now.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How much over sticker do you think they'll be asking for these?

Dodge has a way of controlling it. When the Challenger first came out and then later with the Hellcat they incentivized dealers who got cars by giving the next round to those who sold theirs quickly and penalized those with long "on the lot" times [presuming that if a popular car didn't sell it was because the price was jacked over MSRP.] It seemed to work well. Some dealers had small markups but they disappeared pretty quickly.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I love this thing. It doesn't pretend to be anything but a killer muscle car.

Bingo. 'Couldn't agree more.

Name another STOCK, street legal factory car that can do a 'wheels-up' launch...to say nothing about being able to equal or better those 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. Think of what that beast could do if it didn't weigh as much as a transit bus! :facepalm:

A person who buys one of these obviously couldn't care less how it performs 'in the twisties'. He recognizes the Demon was designed more as 'straight line' performer than anything else...just like the muscle cars I grew up around in the '60s and early '70s...and they sold like hotcakes. :wink

'Different strokes...

It is kind of a homely puppy though...innit.

Last edited:

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Air conditioned intercooler. Always wanted to do that

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Air conditioned intercooler. Always wanted to do that

Me too. There was a kit for the GT500 that I came close to installing. It's a very good solution for a car that comes equipped with air conditioning anyway.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Car looked like it means business, saw it today at the autoshow!!!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Please share! I've been thinking about an upgrade to my 09 GT500KR.

Me too. There was a kit for the GT500 that I came close to installing. It's a very good solution for a car that comes equipped with air conditioning anyway.

Junkie

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2017
I actually think its awesome, I love that the HP wars are back and in full swing!

9's off the show room floor is something we've been waiting for.