Dodge Demon

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
You might have to get one? As a Mopar fan you don't have a choice with this one!

Just received word that I can place my Demon order tomorrow!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations Clint!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Congratulations Clint!

Thanks, Paul! Been a good week so far. Picking up Erin's surprise for our 20th wedding anniversary tomorrow- a bright yellow new Alfa Romeo 4c spider. Now, if I could just wrangle a NFGT... fingers crossed for the next go-round! (Raj, if you're reading- don't worry, I am still buying plenty of new Fords, too!)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks, Paul! Been a good week so far. Picking up Erin's surprise for our 20th wedding anniversary tomorrow- a bright yellow new Alfa Romeo 4c spider. Now, if I could just wrangle a NFGT... fingers crossed for the next go-round! (Raj, if you're reading- don't worry, I am still buying plenty of new Fords, too!)

Congratulations to you and Erin on 20 years. Please do me a favor and don't mention to my wife that you bought Erin a car for your 20th. :lol

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Congrats Clint. I'll be in Sioux Falls 6-8 Aug as part of my trip to Rally 12. Would love to visit and see your car collection.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Congratulations to you and Erin on 20 years. Please do me a favor and don't mention to my wife that you bought Erin a car for your 20th. :lol

Thanks! :wink

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Congrats Clint. I'll be in Sioux Falls 6-8 Aug as part of my trip to Rally 12. Would love to visit and see your car collection.

Thanks!

That would be great. I was just visiting with your brother-in-law (I think?) the other day at Olive Destination. Let me know what your schedule is looking like as time draws nearer, and I will try to accommodate you! Mon-Fri 7-7 are always pretty booked up with work, but typically any other days/hours would be good!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
"Demons sold at or below MSRP will receive priority scheduling resulting in lower serial numbers; Demons sold at a price that exceeds MSRP will be produced after priority production is completed."

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Quicker than a Demon and only 302 naturally aspirated cu in. Unfortunately no VIN so can't drive it on the Street. Demon is cool!

Attachments

• Summernationals class round 1.jpg
    Summernationals class round 1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 2017 Summernationals Class.jpg
    2017 Summernationals Class.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 227

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Quicker than a Demon and only 302 naturally aspirated cu in. Unfortunately no VIN so can't drive it on the Street. Demon is cool!

If Ford offered those with a Vin I would be one of the first to the table! Really, really wish they would.

Until then I placed my order for the Demon today!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Definitely would like an allocation if anyone knows of one...

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
If Ford offered those with a Vin I would be one of the first to the table! Really, really wish they would.

Until then I placed my order for the Demon today!

Nice! What color did you get? Did you go "bare bones", with no seats, or did you splurge and spend the two bucks to get the seats back?

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Nice! What color did you get? Did you go "bare bones", with no seats, or did you splurge and spend the two bucks to get the seats back?

I decided to go Black. The fender flares they went with are not my favorite look. I wish they would have went with a true molded fender. But at least its not as bad as the Liberty Walk stuff you see on Lambos and Ferraris. Black usually make lines much harder to see, so I figured it would help make a smoother transition. And besides, if you are gonna have a car named Demon.......shouldn't it be Black:thumbsup

And after a lot of thought, and talking it over with the family. I decided to reach deep into my pockets and go with not only the passenger seat, but the rear seats for $2. After that I said " Hell why not splurge"! So I pulled one more dollar out for the crates with all the tools and tires!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I decided to go Black. The fender flares they went with are not my favorite look. I wish they would have went with a true molded fender. But at least its not as bad as the Liberty Walk stuff you see on Lambos and Ferraris. Black usually make lines much harder to see, so I figured it would help make a smoother transition. And besides, if you are gonna have a car named Demon.......shouldn't it be Black:thumbsup

And after a lot of thought, and talking it over with the family. I decided to reach deep into my pockets and go with not only the passenger seat, but the rear seats for $2. After that I said " Hell why not splurge"! So I pulled one more dollar out for the crates with all the tools and tires!

:lol

Agree with the flares, but excited to see how the extra width, stickier tires, and slightly lighter weight translate to actual acceleration. Drove a Hellcat and wasn't so impressed with all of the wheelspin. Black should look sinister, indeed.

I went with the F8 green. I have always been a fan of that color on old Mopars, so was glad to see that offered. I "splurged" for all of the options, too (except the red seatbelts and the sunroof), although I was a bit concerned that we didn't see any "option" for the Demon Crate, but I told my guy to MAKE SURE I am going to get one! Did you see that as an actual option when ordering your car?

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Yes, and it will all come after you receive the car. You do have to check the option. its weird but you can tell they did it for liability reasons. All those options are treated as a seperate transaction You have to intital and sign a long waiver.

I did the matte paint on top of whole car. Are you aware that the green will be a late availability color?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Yes, and it will all come after you receive the car. You do have to check the option. its weird but you can tell they did it for liability reasons. All those options are treated as a seperate transaction You have to intital and sign a long waiver.

I did the matte paint on top of whole car. Are you aware that the green will be a late availability color?

Ah, I see. I actually just read (after I last posted) that ALL Demon purchasers will be sent a voucher from their concierge to redeem for the Crate, once their order has been processed, with their name/info.

Black with entire topside in satin black should be awesome!

Yes, I was aware that F8 was one of the 4 colors marked "late availability", but I was just relieved that I could still order it the way I want it. I am fine with waiting a little longer, to get it just the way I want it.

Thanks.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Thanks!

That would be great. I was just visiting with your brother-in-law (I think?) the other day at Olive Destination. Let me know what your schedule is looking like as time draws nearer, and I will try to accommodate you! Mon-Fri 7-7 are always pretty booked up with work, but typically any other days/hours would be good!

Sent you a PM.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Definitely would like an allocation if anyone knows of one...

Thanks to a great buddy here, looks like I should have an allocation for one of a dealer's 3 cars at msrp. Hope to have the paperwork confirming it this week.

Now I just have to figure out color and see an option list....

Muscle cars are not typically my thing per se, but with such a 'ridiculously excessive' car (in a good way), my interest was peaked.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Thanks to a great buddy here, looks like I should have an allocation for one of a dealer's 3 cars at msrp. Hope to have the paperwork confirming it this week.

Now I just have to figure out color and see an option list....

Muscle cars are not typically my thing per se, but with such a 'ridiculously excessive' car (in a good way), my interest was peaked.

Cool, Mitchell! Of your various incredible cars, I wouldn't be surprised if you pick this one to take out more than you'd guess now. For one thing, a guy as tall as you will no doubt LOVE the comfort and clearance inside the car. Also, lots easier ingress and egress than, say, a Mclaren or FGT. Should be a lot of fun for relatively little money.