WTB - Ford GT Spring 2017

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
Hello,

We are looking for a driver-quality Ford GT to pair with our new Ford Raptor :wink We visited Shelby (WOW, what a showroom) and have seen a few other cars in person (3 flights so far). Quick thank you to the person who drafted and posted the Ford GT inspection guide (we used it) and thank you to everyone we've talked to and visited so far.

Color - blue (1st) but will consider others except for silver/tungsten/heritage
Stripes - either
Owners - would be cool to buy from an original owner
Specs - any combination of options is acceptable
Mileage - 10k+
Mods - preferably none or few/light, Bridgestones are welcome!
Location - we will travel to see cars (US only)
Notes - preferably all-original paint, no wrecks and no bad stories
Timing - ready to buy now.

We will (likely) be putting miles on the car, 2500+ per year, so our search is limited to non collector type GTs.

PM me for contact info or reply here.

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm certainly no expert but you should consider buying now typically, prices seem to go higher as weather warms.

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
I'm certainly no expert but you should consider buying now typically, prices seem to go higher as weather warms.
We're ready to buy now : ) Just need a nice blue example to surface. All leads welcome and appreciated.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Your welcome on the 2005/6 GT PPI inspection form I posted. Was based on a 6 month search and help from others. When your ready to buy if not from trusted source, get a PPI done by FGT tech.

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
Noob question -

FGT tech - is that a username or a company? Thanks.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Ford GT tech (experts like the GT Guy Rich Brooks)

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
anyone in Colorado considering selling?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Was a pleasure meeting you. I have my eyes open for a blue car and will definitely let you know if anything pops up....

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
You would be hard pressed to beat my 14k white which I sold to Shelby after years of joy. I had a blue and the white and kept the white. Both gorgeous . The car was more reliable than a Camry. Has new Bridgestones , fluids, etc. Gauges and all else works. Happy to discuss history with you.

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
You would be hard pressed to beat my 14k white which I sold to Shelby after years of joy. I had a blue and the white and kept the white. Both gorgeous . The car was more reliable than a Camry. Has new Bridgestones , fluids, etc. Gauges and all else works. Happy to discuss history with you.

I saw your white one and agree 100% on the condition. Am hoping to find a blue one with similar miles (over 10k) -

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
still looking...thank you for all of the replies so far.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
You definitely will pay a premium for the blue. Only 455 made, yellow even tougher with 171 produced. Many people aren't "yellow car" people. I have a red and I want a blue also, followed by a yellow.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262959722515?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This is the same guy who was mass mailing all FGT owners saying he was buying them for his collection. Guess he's liquidating now.:)

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262959722515?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This is the same guy who was mass mailing all FGT owners saying he was buying them for his collection. Guess he's liquidating now.:)

3 on ebay right now, I guess the party is over?

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
still looking - blue/yellow and any mileage. thanks.

I mildly prefer a car with 3 of 4 options so one with the standard radio