Pahrump, NV
Sorry, but not available now.

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
That's awesome Joe. Glad it worked out.

Got a call back on another Lightning Blue today at 5k ADM. PM sent to jaxgt.

Big public shout out for BtwoG!!! Put me onto a 2017 white / blue stripe GT350R (to match my GT) at MSRP plus 5K. No haggling, working to finish paperwork today!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
That's awesome Joe. Glad it worked out.

Got a call back on another Lightning Blue today at 5k ADM. PM sent to jaxgt.

That's great . Hope it all come together for you. Nice deal

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
nice same color as mine

Attachments

• 22095973_10207672032717649_3706392572967852864_o.jpg
    22095973_10207672032717649_3706392572967852864_o.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
That is a great picture! :thumbsup

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
nice same color as mine

Love the Lightning Blue. Thinking about putting black stripes on mine. Makes it looks a bit more sinister.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Have a line on a '17 red/white at MSRP.

Going to look/drive tomorrow.

Anyone know anything about '18 versus '17?

Is there going to be a GT500 in '18 that might be a more capable car?

What are your thoughts about likely depreciation curve for this car over the next few years? Know it won't be anything like the GT, but would like to give some thought to how much it will be costing to own a car that likely won't be driven much. Plus, any driving of the Shelby would take away from time in the GT.

Don't need it and don't have a place to keep it but if I go look there's a good chance I'll lose my senses and buy it!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Bill - I know you are looking to be rational about the car given all your questions...but you are really looking for us to say "Just go buy it !".
So let me be the first... "Just go buy it. "!

ps - there are no ''X-plan Friends and family'' discounts on Ford Performance " products.

andy (ajb)

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
All Mustang experts say it will be worth more in 30 years. You should buy it!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
EDIT, I totally mis read, disregard

ps - there are no ''X-plan Friends and family'' discounts on Ford Performance " products.)

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Nothing has changed .
Andy (ajb )

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Apologies, I completely mis read your initial post.

Nothing has changed

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Unlike the base car, the 2018 GT350s are carry overs.

Yes, there will be a GT500 in 2019 that will be a more capable car, but doubt it will handle as well. May or may not be based upon the GT350 engine, likely forced induction.

Yes, I suspect any specialty Mustang will depreciate over the first 10+ years but begin appreciating after 15+ years. The GT350 is a bit different because the press absolutely loves the car. Despite losing to Camaros and Corvettes in performance, almost every writer would rather have the Shelby.

But like everyone else said "Go buy it!" The flat plane crank engine is intoxicating.

Have a line on a '17 red/white at MSRP.

Going to look/drive tomorrow.

Anyone know anything about '18 versus '17?

Is there going to be a GT500 in '18 that might be a more capable car?

What are your thoughts about likely depreciation curve for this car over the next few years? Know it won't be anything like the GT, but would like to give some thought to how much it will be costing to own a car that likely won't be driven much. Plus, any driving of the Shelby would take away from time in the GT.

Don't need it and don't have a place to keep it but if I go look there's a good chance I'll lose my senses and buy it!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
This is a case where rational wins out over emotional. For a variety of reasons, I've decided not to buy the GT350R.

I have neither seen it nor driven it because I knew if I went to the dealer with checkbook in hand I would now have the car. It's at the dealership where I bought my GT, so I have no reason to think the car is anything other than pristine and protectively displayed. Good people to deal with.

They were going to sell it to me for MRSP, and I see no reason why you couldn't do that, or better if you are a good negotiator.

I talked with the Ford Sales Manager, and he would be delighted to hear from any of you who are interested.

Contact info:
Bill Kammetler
Ford Sales Manager
Koch 33 Auto ( They sell Toyota too. )
Easton, PA
610-253-9191
800-565-9191

Good luck.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^The red/white 350 on their website is not an R.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Gary, looks like I should have gone to look after all. The "R" on the copy of the window sticker that I have is apparently a "copyright" R, I guess for the Shelby GT350 nomenclature. I guess the R version must have R(R) nomenclature?

Sorry about that guys. I guess that's why it's been around for more than a few days.

Still available for what it is.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
They are starting to come down and get closer to sticker. I had one at $6k over and got screwed because at the last min someone offered more. So I think $5k to $10$ is doable if you keep looking. Especially going into winter.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Billy Johnson posted this on the Shelby GT350 Owners page

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Attn GT350R owners - Your Carbon Wheels are stronger than you think.

I just got back from the track today and it saddens me to see so many GT350R owners shelve their carbon fiber wheels mostly due to a lack of knowledge. While carbon fiber wheels are revolutionary and a game-changer for the auto industry, the GT350R is the first mass-produced car to adopt this technology, and thus, there is very little known about them.

Carbon wheels are stronger than aluminum, and SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than most lightweight aftermarket wheels you may be interested in replacing them with . The Carbon Revolution-built wheels on your car meet or exceed all OEM standards for resisting impact damage from pot holes, which most aftermarket (even very high end) lightweight wheels would fail.

The barrel construction, spokes, and rim lip resists damage to the point where if you do cause structural damage to the wheel, you might be needing a new subframe and/or chassis. Carbon fiber is used in the safest and strongest monocoque chassis in motorsports, boats, planes, and supercars out there. You're not going to 'shatter' a carbon fiber wheel.

In the thousands of miles of development driving of the GT350R and Ford GT, including launching cars off curbs, dropping tires off the track, and going off track, I can't say that i've ever seen one of the carbon fiber wheels damaged.

The Carbon Fiber wheels are an inherent part of the GT350R which makes it special. It does wonders for IMPROVING STEERING FEEL, IMPROVED RIDE QUALITY, CONSISTENCY, GRIP, and LAP TIMES. Depending on the track, the carbon wheels can be worth OVER A SECOND of lap time. You also don't need to run as much static camber with carbon wheels as you do with aluminum wheels. Ever wonder why Ford recommends such little (-1.75*) front camber for track use? It's not because it's a conservative setting, it's because of the carbon wheels.

Stay tuned for an upcoming article that i'm writing that dives deep into the technology of Carbon Fiber wheels and elaborates on all of these points and more.

Now I know some people can be very particular with their cars to the point one single rock chip will make a grown man cry. I totally understand. However the most likely form of damage is from curbing a wheel when parallel parking the car. Any damage from this kind of curb impact will 99.9% be cosmetic only and will not affect the performance, safety, or structure of the wheel. Also there are some companies that are repairing these carbon wheels to look and perform just as good as new, for less than $1K. A far better pill to swallow compared to buying a new wheel.

So understand your wheels can be repaired for a reasonable price, and that the benefits of carbon wheels are far greater than just being lightweight and reducing unsprung weight. The carbon wheels are just as special as the FPC 5.2L Voodoo engine. Not driving on the carbon wheels is like swapping the Voodoo out for a 5.0L Coyote. Where do you draw the line for it to be pointless for having such an amazing car if you don't enjoy the key aspects that make it special?

So I urge you GT350R owners. Put your carbon wheels back on and be one of the special and rare few people to enjoy the benefits of this technology as early adopters. Pretty soon more and more cars will have carbon wheels (not just track-focused cars). TRUST IN THE CARBON.

That is all.

-Billy (GT350/R & Ford GT racing and development driver)

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Ok Billy...I am sold...they stay on.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I don't have a GT350 or a NFGT, but that is great information! Thanks for sharing.

FYI: http://performance.ford.com/series/...rld-endurance-championship/billy-johnson.html