GT500 Tires

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I need new tires for my 2013 Shelby GT500. I planed on getting the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 for the replacement tires. The backs are available but the front ones (265/40ZR/19) are not to be found and Michelin is saying maybe in 5 to 6 weeks. The OEM Goodyear are shot from heavy track use while my Boss 302S was down. Any suggestions on replacement tire brands?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Blake,

My GT500 will most likely need tires this season. I was just planning on replacing with the Goodyear OEM tires that came on the vehicle originally .
Is this an issue.?
andy (ajb)

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Just thought the Michelin's would be an up grade. Rolled the rubber off the tires and have cords show. May not have a choice.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I put PSC2s on my McLaren, and they totally transformed the car, can't say enough good things about them. I'd wait!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Blake,

The Pirelli Trofeo R is very good if they come in your sizes. I love them on my 2014 GT500, but I widened stock wheels to fit them on the rear.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Getting rid of the Goodyears will transform the car almost as much as it does on the FGT's.

That hurts to say that with Goodyear's rich tire history.

I think the pilot sports are the most popular swap if going with stock sizes. I think there is a problem with the rear tire tho if you go with the 295 width. It may have been resolved by Michelin at this juncture.

Toyo 888's are another popular choice. Short lifespan but insanely grippy.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Blake did you ever get a fuel gauge solution for the 302S ? It's pissing me off again.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Could not be added. Can get 2 twenty minute sessions running wide open. Still not brave enough to tr 2 thirty minutes ones.
I hate it but have learned to live with it.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Thanks, And good to know on the 2 20 minute sessions.