Ford GT Deliveries

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Stripes on GT350 are vinyl? Comp NGT stripes are exposed body carbon fiber, cleared over (so lack of a base color, just fantastic CF in all its glory)? I might be totally missing what your asking, but are we not taking about totally different animals? And sorry Im not Dave, but is still responding...

you pretty much answered the question. I wasn't aware of what exactly the stripes on the NGT were. I've just heard that the stripes on the GT350s (and not sure if it's all colors) will not hold up after a few years. this comes from a Ford engineer. thanks for the info. very educational.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I guess you could add an aux. battery along with these 'generator tubes'
that Specracer sells , add a small hole in carbon fiber tub for condensate tube that Soroush has designed...
but it could be worth it because now you would have that exposed carbon fiber stripe...!

(I think this thread has again been "hijinxed" :)

andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Comp = exposed CF
Standard optional "over the top stripes" are painted (not vinyl), just like 05-06

I wasn't aware of what exactly the stripes on the NGT were.

Guilty for helping the derailment, where is that train pic again?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I guess you could add an aux. battery along with these 'generator tubes'
that Specracer sells , add a small hole in carbon fiber tub for condensate tube that Soroush has designed...
but it could be worth it because now you would have that exposed carbon fiber stripe...!

andy (ajb)

Thats my specialty :biggrin

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
You guys drove texas mongrel to start a new thread! LOL

Ed

PS Let's go there & talk about stripes to bug him!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
oh my Ed -- you are a bad hombre.
andy (ajb)

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
It may be cheating but how about having a carbon look sticker applied afterwards? Nowadays there are 3D stickers that are impossible to distinguish from real carbon.

That seems like the type of thing that would go well with a set of stick on fender vents.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
That seems like the type of thing that would go well with a set of stick on fender vents.

Stripes are non functional, except for the tub all exposed CF parts are just for show anyway. Non structural parts could have been made out of simpler materials without sacrificing weight, but the carbon weave is just esthetically pleasing. False vents (as can be seen on many cars) are a big nono. Even NACA vents on a car (as the F40 has plenty) are a terrible idea, and very fake. Even Pagani has made himself guilty of this by having backwards NACA vents for extraction.
And I wonder how Ford makes the stripes on the Comp edition, because you have to ask yourself:
- if they can do this on the car, why not save more weight and offer a complete naked carbon car?
- if the "stripe" is an unpainted part, why is there no step in paint visible (or feelable). The paint on this car is very thick, do they fill the difference in with clearcoat?

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Very simple, a complete exposed carbon fiber finish now requires the entire car to be a class A surface. Exponentionally increasing time and labor. Paint will conceal minor mon structural cosmetic imperfections, that might not be acceptable exposed, but structurally are perfect.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
Very simple, a complete exposed carbon fiber finish now requires the entire car to be a class A surface. Exponentionally increasing time and labor. Paint will conceal minor mon structural cosmetic imperfections, that might not be acceptable exposed, but structurally are perfect.

Yes it's a 100000 euro extra for the Pagani Huayra, but quite sure prospective owners would like to tick this option on a 2017 GT if it was available. It's not money wasted but money invested.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
You guys drove texas mongrel to start a new thread! LOL

Ed

PS Let's go there & talk about stripes to bug him!

You have an evil mind Mr Sims!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
You have an evil mind Mr Sims!

Sounds like the pot is called the kettle noir. (at least it's not red).

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Please keep posting this, its fascinating.

Thank you

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Report is wrong. It was 11. Not sure why it doesn't reflect the higher number.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
That's almost 3 a week... good to see the cars making their way out to customers!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Weren't we up to 40 produced?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Deliveries and produced are different things. They had cars done waiting to go out. Now they are clearing them. 2 more forum member cars this weekend.

Turn10 BigBoss

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 6, 2017
Seattle

That is just US sales. Assume some of the cars have been delivered out of the US?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No, at this point they are all U.S still. But they definitely put 11 cars in customer hands last month, so not sure why the disparity.