Ford GT Deliveries

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Ford March sales release shows 2 Ford GT's delivered in March bringing year-to-date total to 5.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2017/04/sales/17march-sales.pdf

DBK, Is there a production hold on the car that would account for the low deliveries post the December startup? Will deliveries ramp up more in April?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Batching them by geographic area accounts for part of it. There will be a significant increase this month.

Jerry K

Feb 17, 2016
San Francisco
Any feedback from the 5 of you who have taken delivery so far?

Last edited:

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Only 2 retail sales in April, which is flat with March bringing ytd to 7.
https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2017/05/sales/april17-sales.pdf

DBK-any timing on when sales ramp will accelerate? Is production higher but cars are being held from delivery? Can they accelerate production beyond 20 cars a month to catch-up on demand or are those of us in year 3 just going to have to wait a little longer.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's off. There's 8. :lol

But it will be this month. They had to move some stuff around that threw off the planned batched shipping but I was at the factory with shesgotlegs today. They will deliver a bunch of cars this month. They had several done and several more close to done. Mine among them.

It looked very different in the facility than it did in January. Way more cars, way more parts, way more employees, way more never before seen combinations. Love that place!

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Good to hear.
Any pictures you want to share from your visit to Markham.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
That's off. There's 8. :lol

But it will be this month. They had to move some stuff around that threw off the planned batched shipping but I was at the factory with shesgotlegs today. They will deliver a bunch of cars this month. They had several done and several more close to done. Mine among them.

It looked very different in the facility than it did in January. Way more cars, way more parts, way more employees, way more never before seen combinations. Love that place!
You have been there so much you probably speak Canadian now Eh!

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Deliveries picking up: 9 in June almost half way to 20 a month target.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2017/07/03/june-17-sales.pdf

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Looks like YTD is 21 as of June 30th

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Question;
So it seems they've done in 6 months the production they planned to do in one. Does that mean that we are 100 cars behind if we use January as a starting point? If that's the case and the production is capped at 20 cars a month then does that mean that there will be fewer than 1000 assuming an end in exactly four years or will they keep the production going? Have the order windows been consistent these first 6 months or have they delayed them due to the production delays?

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
What month will they change model years and shift up to 2018 from 2017? I am thinking January but maybe not. I guess Ford will fulfill the model year build number, no matter the month or year?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I think the MY change over is September.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
I think the MY change over is September.

I thought I read somewhere that Ford must build 250 per year for Homologation purposes. I think that would preclude a change over based on dates. Just an observation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nope. Homologation is "cars" plural.

Ford has no set timeline on dates, so when the cars get built doesn't really matter. They aren't gonna stop building the car just because a date has passed.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Nope. Homologation is "cars" plural.

Ford has no set timeline on dates, so when the cars get built doesn't really matter. They aren't gonna stop building the car just because a date has passed.

Yes, but what month will they shift gears to the next model year? Will they be building cars in 2018 calendar year that will be titled as 2017's until they reach the 250 mark. Inquiring minds............

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I heard the same thing specracer said, September, but honestly I haven't really followed it. I just assume there will be less 2017s and more of other model years. MY designation on cars like these tends to be meaningless IMO. I'll find out.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
End of Septmber is what I was told by concierge, meani ng my car will be an '18. This gives the possibility for access to the red/white 2018 Heritage, and as with the '17 version, I'm sure it will be very limited build quantity. Question is, will it look good in thr flesh?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
End of Septmber is what I was told by concierge, meani ng my car will be an '18. This gives the possibility for access to the red/white 2018 Heritage, and as with the '17 version, I'm sure it will be very limited build quantity. Question is, will it look good in thr flesh?

With every color in actual, or any rendering seen so far including the red/white heritage being a knock it out of the park home run, I think it is a pretty safe bet. :biggrin

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
Just don't ask your wife to clean the interior.
[video=youtube;VVbtN3RUxwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbtN3RUxwU[/video]
(and there are dozens of video's on Youtube like this!)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
So that's the way to deep clean the interior... I wondered how they did it.