Ford GT Deliveries

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Nice segment. Beautiful color! Congrats!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
It's great seeing these cars starting to trickle out there. Congratulations on your beautiful car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Barry,

Congrats! Also, Whitesnake and Deep Purple as background music. Nice!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thx FlagstaffGT!

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, and where is Arlette?

Jiminee

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Have there been many competition series, or are people generally staying away from them due to lack of A/C?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Avoiding comp. we did, could not go without ac. Another influencing factor, was hearing from people that have driven the car, because the aero is so good, it greatly reduces the air that flows in through the window. We have 2 cobra R's so comp was right up our alley.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about those little fans that plug into the 12V outlet? Change your order to comp Specracer!

Ed

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Would love to have that carbon stripe

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very cool congrats !

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would strongly recommend you drive around a car with the windows closed and AC off for an hour. If you're happy with the experience at the end, get the comp car. As specracer noted, very little air moves through the cabin. Combine that with the fact the comp car does not have either AC or the NVH panel that separates the seat backs and rear bulkhead, and a LOT of heat comes into the cabin and stays there.

I really wanted the carbon stripe, but I consulted with many Ford GT program employees. First thing they always asked is how much you're going to use the car. Knowing that I drive quite a bit, nobody would sanction the idea. I would definitely ruin the seatbacks sweating my ass off.

Is it doable? Yes. It will be substantially less pleasant than having AC. There are people that believe it will be worth more because there are less. It's a possibility and if that's a motivating factor, go for it. But the high-end non-AC Porsches are virtually unsellable. It is beautiful though. MMs CF work is stellar.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
It may be cheating but how about having a carbon look sticker applied afterwards? Nowadays there are 3D stickers that are impossible to distinguish from real carbon. Personally I think a liquid red car with carbon wheels and single carbon stripe is the most beautiful combo. I love the slotted rear window as well, but probably also aftermarket possible to get. Sacrificing the A/C and center display just for a carbon stripe and red flippers seems total bonkers to me.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If your doing it because you like the look I guess, to me its like a fake watch. Get the real deal or do something different.

It may be cheating but how about having a carbon look sticker applied afterwards?

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
:biggrin

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
wow --'cool' product for car interiors. Now :
1.buy the Competition version Ford GT,
2.buy one of these portable AC units
3.and you are all set....AND..THEY are Available in BLUE !!

((ps - I do like the picture of the college 'snowflakes' using one of these units on the beach so they do not melt.))
andy (ajb)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
wow --'cool' product for car interiors. Now :
1.buy the Competition version Ford GT,
2.buy one of these portable AC units
3.and you are all set....AND..THEY are Available in BLUE !!

((ps - I do like the picture of the college 'snowflakes' using one of these units on the beach so they do not melt.))
andy (ajb)

don't forget to cut a hole in the door or the floor to plumb the unit out :)

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Dave- do the carbon stripes on the NGT have the same inherent issues as the new GT350s ? I've heard the stripes on the GT350s do not have good durability or maybe that's just certain stripes like the carbon. interesting

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Stripes on GT350 are vinyl? Comp NGT stripes are exposed body carbon fiber, cleared over (so lack of a base color, just fantastic CF in all its glory)? I might be totally missing what your asking, but are we not taking about totally different animals? And sorry Im not Dave, but is still responding...

Dave- do the carbon stripes on the NGT have the same inherent issues as the new GT350s ? I've heard the stripes on the GT350s do not have good durability or maybe that's just certain stripes like the carbon. interesting

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Im sure the charging system would love to see an extra 12.5a load

Will is come with a window mount option, its pretty big, and might not fit in the cabin.

Attachments

• Studebaker-eBay-Google-Chrome-9112011-120703-PM_bmp.jpg
    Studebaker-eBay-Google-Chrome-9112011-120703-PM_bmp.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 251