Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Is that an instrumented test?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013

Appears that the engine numbers are from the factory, and the performance quotes are "estimated".
Mark

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
.....they certainly picked the correct color and stripe combination !

andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Appears that the engine numbers are from the factory, and the performance quotes are "estimated".
Mark

Thanks

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

They don't even drive the car. "Ford won't let us behind the wheel..." :bs

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yeah, I was going to ask the supermarket, where I rushed to buy the mag, to refund my $4.99, but at least the suspension drawing was worth it. I've never seen a suspension like that on a road car.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Sinovac,
I recently moved to Clearwater.
We should get together some early weekend morning.
Best,
Mark

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Sinovac,
I recently moved to Clearwater.
We should get together some early weekend morning.
Best,
Mark

Yes, please pm your cell #.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Yes, please pm your cell #.

PM sent.
Mark

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Not sure what happened.
Got your info.
Will call later in the week.
Best,
Mark

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Nice picture(s), catchy title, but article really sucked. No first hand experience. Journalist completely impressed riding shotgun with an accomplished professional driver.... surprise, surprise. Could have happened in a Camry. It's April and only 5 cars delivered so far? WTF, Ford?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Let me just point something out here.

The last Ford GT was revealed at NAIAS in January 2002. John Shirley's car got delivered in August 2004. It was 946 days between debut and delivery.

The current Ford GT was revealed at NAIAS in January 2015. I've got 2 of them sitting 10 feet from me that were delivered by March 2017. The first one showed up 765 days after reveal. We still have about 5 months to go until we reach the same point at which the first 2005 GT was delivered and people are bitching that the pace of the program is slow! I'm not surprised some people don't know this, plus the internet wasn't nearly the thing it is now so each day is an eternity, but you'd think if you fashion yourself a GT historian you'd be aware of this information.

The 05/06 car wound up at 9 units per day, but it took a long time to ramp up. They were building 2-3 units a day for a significant period of time. The max on the new car is 1 unit per work day. It's not a surprise it's taking them a while to get there, especially because the car is vastly more complicated and labor intensive. They constantly learn/change things throughout production on a low volume car like this. It's like the difference between an early 05 with the clamshell clips and a later one without it.

Delivery and production are not the same thing. There have been a lot more than 5 cars built. As they batch them geographically or they get software updates, they have cars complete and waiting to go out right now. Just for kicks, my VIN is 0040, and my car is supposed to start production this week. Hopefully it does, but I'm not sweating it if it doesn't.

As for media reviews, media drive is this month. That's not a surprise to the publications. If they wanted to publish something about getting to go out early shotgun, and Ford granted them that opportunity, that's their choice. I would surmise they would rather have something to publish shotgun before others rather than publish drives at the same time as everyone else.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks Dave for the update on Ford GT History and production. As you know my Vin is 0045 and should also go into production sometime this week along with yours. I'm attending the Houston Auto-dealers New Car Show preview tonight and there will be no New Ford GT there. We were hoping for an even delivery in order that we would have a GT there but things didn't work out so I am planning on having it in time to show it at Keels & Wheels in Seabrook, Texas on May 6-7. I get calls every day from people, groups and Shows wanting me to display the New GT as soon as it hits the ground. I'm like you Dave, things will happen when they happen and we'll all get through it with big grins on our face and be prepared to be ambassadors for Ford Motor Co and the New Ford GT. PS I still can't sleep for thinking and planning for those days! Blessed and Happy.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I can't wait for the real tests. It will be soon. They will only confirm what we all know: the NGT is beyond sick!

Ed

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Shotgun ain't so bad. If anyone in the Northeast or Florida gets one and wants to give me a ride I'll be happy to comply and ride shotgun!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Canadian driver!! Cool!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As we own a couple of the same cars, Im sure we can work something out (im just south of Boston)

Shotgun ain't so bad. If anyone in the Northeast or Florida gets one and wants to give me a ride I'll be happy to comply and ride shotgun!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Don't lose you objectivity, Dave. I didn't set the production expectation, ordering windows, or delivery window expectations - Ford did that all by themselves. I only made the observation that 4 months into production and only 5 cars delivered to customers is well below everyone's expectation - not the least of which is Ford's. The fact that you and other blue-blooded loyalists are OK with that is good news for Ford - hopefully all prospective owners share your same sentiment. But to deny that there's some unexpected growing pains with production and getting to rate is problematic. The challenge is additionally acute because the end-state of 1-car per day is itself low and doesn't really afford a lot of opportunities for catch-up. I trust that Ford is taking steps to correct the situation - let's all hope they are successful. Heck, according to you, maybe there is no problem at all - the delay is all due to the delivery "batching" approach in which case we will see dramatic near term improvement in the delivery rates.

And I don't know why you are you are so defensive about my comments about the C&D article. I say nothing to detract from the greatness of the NFGT, but the article was like a lot of other things lately - a bunch of hype and no content. Besides a couple of interesting suspension layout tidbits, there was virtually no new information about the GT and it seemed to me at least that a lot was hinged on a journalist's admiration for a car's performance in the hands of an expert at the top of his game. (Geez, I've never seen that happen before!) Once again, all hat, no cattle.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Don't lose you objectivity, Dave. I didn't set the production expectation, ordering windows, or delivery window expectations - Ford did that all by themselves. I only made the observation that 4 months into production and only 5 cars delivered to customers is well below everyone's expectation - not the least of which is Ford's. The fact that you and other blue-blooded loyalists are OK with that is good news for Ford - hopefully all prospective owners share your same sentiment. But to deny that there's some unexpected growing pains with production and getting to rate is problematic. The challenge is additionally acute because the end-state of 1-car per day is itself low and doesn't really afford a lot of opportunities for catch-up. I trust that Ford is taking steps to correct the situation - let's all hope they are successful. Heck, according to you, maybe there is no problem at all - the delay is all due to the delivery "batching" approach in which case we will see dramatic near term improvement in the delivery rates.

And I don't know why you are you are so defensive about my comments about the C&D article. I say nothing to detract from the greatness of the NFGT, but the article was like a lot of other things lately - a bunch of hype and no content. Besides a couple of interesting suspension layout tidbits, there was virtually no new information about the GT and it seemed to me at least that a lot was hinged on a journalist's admiration for a car's performance in the hands of an expert at the top of his game. (Geez, I've never seen that happen before!) Once again, all hat, no cattle.

Could you tell us how you really feel............?