MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Welcome!

Junkie

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2017
Cool shot of the car at a local meet last week, hopefully the 20/21's show up next week!

Untitled by Will Dugas, on Flickr

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Never get tired of looking at these.

Beautiful.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Welcome, from Wichita Falls. :thumbsup

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
The paint gloss looks great! Nice pic

Junkie

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2017
Got the car lowered on the GT Guy (did they close? Website is down) collars using factory coil overs, rides amazing still! Its now sitting on 20/21" dark bronze Brixton forged mono block wheels. I'm actually going to have them refinished in a brushed/clear finish, I think it'll compliment the car a lot more and be pretty close to the stripe color.

Cat deletes, Ford Racing/Borla exhaust, 2.8 upper and Torrie tune and short throw shifter are waiting to go on. Can anymore think of anything else I need to do while I'm doing that first round of mods?

Hers a few pics of how she sits now.

Any advice on bumper deletes? I feel like $3500+ is pretty steep to remove parts off the car lol

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yeah, substitute a diamond-plate aluminum step bumper! :rofl

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It is the frame rail that makes it more complicated (more $).

I have the GTGuys version and love it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
car looks good the stance is perfect. you may want to install a tranny cooler with all the other mods

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congrats. Super clean looking ride and love the paint color and height.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
looks nice.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Your car looks great. Is that a new Mclaren 720s next to you? Wondering what the owner thinks of it so far (or you, if you've had a chance to experience it).

Junkie

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2017
Your car looks great. Is that a new Mclaren 720s next to you? Wondering what the owner thinks of it so far (or you, if you've had a chance to experience it).

It's a friends car, I actually did some time driving it last night. The tech is amazing, car is EASILY the fastest stock car I've ever been in, no competition. With that being said I didn't love it, already developed several interior rattles an with all that fantastic tech, comes a disconnect feeling for me. Just not as exciting to drive. Overall though it's an amazing vehicle, I was very shocked

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
It's a friends car, I actually didn't some time driving it last night. The tech is smacking, car is EASILY the fastest stock car I've ever been in, no competition. With that being said I didn't love it, already developed several interior rattles an with all that fantastic tech, comes a disconnect feeling for me. Just not as exciting to drive. Overall though it's an amazing vehicle, I was very shocked

Cool. Thanks for the response.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Love the new wheels, it looks sinister! Congrats...

Lance

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
It's a friends car, I actually did some time driving it last night. The tech is amazing, car is EASILY the fastest stock car I've ever been in, no competition. With that being said I didn't love it, already developed several interior rattles an with all that fantastic tech, comes a disconnect feeling for me. Just not as exciting to drive. Overall though it's an amazing vehicle, I was very shocked

Interesting, thanks for the impressions. I drove the first demo 720 in Houston a couple of weeks back and found it solid and tight. Hope the rattles were an anomaly in your buddy's car, as I'm taking delivery of mine soon, and that kind of stuff drives me nuts.

Sanjay

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
One of the most expensive parts of doing the bumper delete are the shortened frame rails. I cut mine and saved the cut off's so that I can weld it back together if and when I ever decide to put the bumper back on. I'm very happy with the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk