MarkH new Texas Mile record 293.6 mph

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
The wrap is the same one we have had on the car for a few years now. It has held up real nice and cant say thanks enough to Pixelwerks for doing such a great job. As for the tires, we are running the Hoosier R7 which replaced the R6 about a year or so ago. No doubt we are taking these tires to areas I don't think anyone ever thought so we are planning on doing a little more research on the tires we used to see if we can get them X-rayed to see if any potential issues are starting to pop up. Most definitely that is an Ahlman Engineering sticker on the car, we have received a lot of help from Scott and really appreciate the held he has given us with the spring and valve adjustments. It seems the adjustments we did this time really did help the half mph for sure.....

Thanks again to everyone for your gracious thoughts and appreciation for what we do. Without this tight group family on the Forum makes it all worth while. Stay tuned for more to come.

Thanks,
Mark Heidaker
Kevin Kesterson
M2K Motorsports

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What are the wheel alignment specs you use at this speed? Are you adding extra air pressure to the Hoosiers? Simply amazing Mark! Good going.

Ed

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Unbelievable achievement.... balls of steel!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Does anyone walk the tarmac to make sure there are no offending objects that might impact the tires?

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Good job Mark. Just saw this.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
For those who have never seen Marks Record Holder up close and personal here are some shots at the Houston New Car Auto Show before the crowds got there this weekend. A Beautiful wrapped speedster everyone enjoys.

Attachments

• IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2243.jpg
    IMG_2243.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 156

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Congratulation Mark Outstanding job

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The wrap is the same one we have had on the car for a few years now. It has held up real nice and cant say thanks enough to Pixelwerks for doing such a great job. As for the tires, we are running the Hoosier R7 which replaced the R6 about a year or so ago. No doubt we are taking these tires to areas I don't think anyone ever thought so we are planning on doing a little more research on the tires we used to see if we can get them X-rayed to see if any potential issues are starting to pop up. Most definitely that is an Ahlman Engineering sticker on the car, we have received a lot of help from Scott and really appreciate the held he has given us with the spring and valve adjustments. It seems the adjustments we did this time really did help the half mph for sure.....

Thanks again to everyone for your gracious thoughts and appreciation for what we do. Without this tight group family on the Forum makes it all worth while. Stay tuned for more to come.

Thanks,
Mark Heidaker
Kevin Kesterson
M2K Motorsports

Got to catch up with Scott on Saturday at the Grand Prix of Long Beach. He mentioned how great it was that you guys collaborated on the shock set up and achieved that unbelievable record. My GT certainly doesn't have your world record setting power plant but at least I can say I have the shocks. Haha! Congrats Mark on such an awesome record, you guys deserve it.

Vince H

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What does Scott change valving & spring wise on your Ohlins Mark? Do you have the camber at zero?

Ed

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Ed:

Scott sent new settings before this mile and we went with a 50lb lighter spring in the rear to allow for more weight transfer at the starting line. The goal was to get the car back towards the 220mph at the half because in Beeville we had previously set it up with stiffer springs/settings to handle the bumps of the track better in which it did. Gambling the track would be much better we worked together to make a change and it seemed to work well. Thanks again Scott for helping us out and making the correct calls. The car was also lowered a 1/2" since we had raised it an 1" for the Beeville track. For exact specifics on the change in settings I would have to get that from Kevin at the shop or please fee free to give him a shout at 281-346-8114, M2K Motorsports.

Thanks,
Mark H.

Thanks

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Congratulations Mark, Kevin and M2K Motorsports for achieving world record speed!! I have enjoyed working with you guys and look forward to the next speed gains!

Scott

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
What does Scott change valving & spring wise on your Ohlins Mark? Do you have the camber at zero?

Ed

Hey Ed,

I did very specific springs, valving on 4 way shocks and ride heights for their car and speed. More aggressive than my RT-2 package so you would not want to run it on the street or really even a road course. I also worked with M2K on alignment specs including minimizing cambers. The base rear camber, lowered car and adjustment range makes that difficult at the rear.

Scott

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thanks Scott for the info. I assumed it would be too radical for the street. It's cool to know you are there helping with a 300mph car.

Ed

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Thanks Scott for the info. I assumed it would be too radical for the street. It's cool to know you are there helping with a 300mph car.

Ed

Hey Ed,

No problem. Ha, yeah I didn't need to state the obvious. Thank you, much. Interesting for me to do something different. Especially with a team that is easy to work with on changes.

Scott

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Scott:

Thanks for all the positive comments. No doubt the work you have done on the shocks and adjustments have been detrimental to the setup. Our number one goal in starting to discuss shock changes were after you reached out and said you "may be able to help" and that meant the world to us. No doubt, we are not experts on setting up chassis and making changes to shock adjustments. What you brought to the table was instrumental in the accomplishments we all achieved and for that the entire M2K TEAM wants to say "THANKS"!!!!!! We pride ourselves on surrounding us with great folks that are professionals in their field and we take what they tell us seriously otherwise there is no need wasting there time. That goes from the engine builder, John Mihovetz with Accufab Racing to Scott Ahlman with Ahlman Engineering to Naoto Negishi with Negishi Competition Systems on tuning the MoTec. The driver Patrick O'Gorman is really good at the feedback and what the car is doing to allow us to give you the feedback that helps us all in making these changes to keep progressing forward. Once again, thanks for all you do and I don't think we are done YET!!!!!

Mark Heidaker and M2K Motorsports Team

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
No one better than Scott out there on these types of setups! Well done MarkH!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What an awesome endorsement to Scott! I'm a customer as well, and sing the praises of his expertise!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Thank you, Mark! Glad to help out! I look forward to helping achieve the next 7 mph.

Thank you, Jason and Specracer!

Scott

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...I look forward to helping achieve the next 7 mph!

Yes! So cool!

Ed

jchasey

Aug 18, 2007
F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk