Wow

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Sorry, but Radical still holds this record if there is such a thing... 6:48 from 2009. These record claims are really silly since there are no verifiable standards or checks other than a claim and video posted. Still an incredible lap!:thumbsup

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Slick tires all day long..
Same thing with the Aventador that went sub 7 mins.

I call:bs

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Interesting to note they call out active aero as one of the performance improvements of this car. That bodes well for the NGT.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
If you read the quotes below the youtube... they are saying this is a fake and the video was sped up... is it real or fake?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm sure the car is fast and the lap looks awesome, but you have to take all these Ring times with a massive grain of salt. Lambo said the SV did 6:59, and it gets beaten clearly by lots of cars at lots of tracks that are incapable of a Ring lap that fast.

I'm a Huracan advocate, but no, I don't believe the car is faster than an 887-hp million dollar Porsche. I personally find this car more exciting than a 488 or a Mac Super Series regardless of how fast any of them are.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
The driver keeps the revs high the entire lap... temp gauge doesn't move. Impressive.

Although the gas gauge does. :biggrin

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Wow, what a car ! Thanks for posting.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
If you read the quotes below the youtube... they are saying this is a fake and the video was sped up... is it real or fake?

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/blog-did-lambo-fake-that-laptime/

and if you need a good laugh (besides VAG pulling another fast one), see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kq3fJmQLok&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
And here is the proof I needed to see:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpbHUPLbKY
Case closed, Lambo are fakers

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Pretty impressive numbers .. wt/hp. The future of performance is getting crazy. Every manufacturer is cranking it up.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...aking&utm_source=lamborghini-talk.com20170307

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I'm a Huracan advocate, but no, I don't believe the car is faster than an 887-hp million dollar Porsche.

One possible explanation is the Huracan can go full power the entire lap while the 918 may have run out of battery at some point. Still does seem unlikely though.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Von Koenigsegg has different opinion ... http://www.topgear.com/car-news/gen...gg-tesla-entry-level-supercar-and-nurburgring

No matter what Lamborghini Marketing got good coverage :wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Even the notion of a Ring Time Cup for manufacturers makes little sense. There are just way, way, way too many variables. If you go to VIR or Laguna Seca, the only typical variation you'll have is whether the track is green or not. If you go same day/same driver, you're going to get a decent comparison between two cars. You're not going to get from one end to the other and have totally different ambient temperatures, barometric pressures, rain, sun, constantly altered surfaces. They are constantly repaving and repairing the Ring. They just leveled out a little bit of the areas that used to result in air time at high speed.

There are so many variables and so many corners, that outside of marketing or vehicle development, it's nonsense. It's a very useful tool for manufacturers in testing because it's a punishing environment, but it's one that is ever-changing, so all the arguing over Ring times is apples/oranges. Plus the people who do the marketing are never going to do it in a truly factory showroom stock car.

I would like to see the Performante at VIR. If it's capable of a 6:52 at the Ring, it should be deep into the 2:3Xs.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Agreed.

The only issues with the VIR testing are:
1) magazine editors can't drive
2) no one drives the Grand Course, so it's hard to compare their tests with DE/race results

IMO Randy Pobst's tests at Laguna are the most accurate. Same day, same driver, professional driver. Even then, you have variations throughout the day.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, Lightning Lap is garbage also. But if someone were to go to VIR with a same day/same driver comparison using a pro, that would be a good one.