FordPass Demo

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I have it on both my, and my wife's BMW (sorry EP), and I have freaked her out a few times, when I remotely "honk" the horn, when I know she's going to be approaching the car (leaving a class, or just getting home). I've also used it to cool off the car, in the parking lot at my office, during the summer. Also helpful when in a large parking lot, to locate the car, with the "walk to the car" locator. Tech can be useful, as well as useless!!! On the GT at car shows (05), if I'm walking around to see some of the other cars, I'm constantly looking back at my car, and if I see people getting to close, I "honk" the horn, by hitting the lock button twice. I can do it from quite a distance, if I hold the remote under my chin!!!!

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
This is cool, and all, except my $20K Chevy Cruze can do almost all of the same through the OnStar app.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I have it on both my, and my wife's BMW (sorry EP), and I have freaked her out a few times, when I remotely "honk" the horn, when I know she's going to be approaching the car (leaving a class, or just getting home). I've also used it to cool off the car, in the parking lot at my office, during the summer. Also helpful when in a large parking lot, to locate the car, with the "walk to the car" locator. Tech can be useful, as well as useless!!! On the GT at car shows (05), if I'm walking around to see some of the other cars, I'm constantly looking back at my car, and if I see people getting to close, I "honk" the horn, by hitting the lock button twice. I can do it from quite a distance, if I hold the remote under my chin!!!!

Always a wise ass!
Meant that in a good way!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This is cool, and all, except my $20K Chevy Cruze can do almost all of the same through the OnStar app.

Your Cruze is not a Ford GT. This site is about Ford GTs. It is for the benefit of people who own Ford GTs.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
I'm aware. Just stating that the Ford Pass app isn't exactly cutting edge technology...

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Whether it's in other vehicles or not it is exciting to see any and all amenities coming with the 2017 FGT. Pretty sure it has met its quota for innovative and cutting edge.

Vince H

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
here is the brochure.

Attachments

• ford pass.jpg
    ford pass.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 199

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have it on my new 2017 F150
Its pretty trick!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
360 web cam with motion alerts?

How would one ever enjoy a meal at a restaurant if you don't have eyes on it? I will, but I won't.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
I am quite sure owners of the NGT would want this but with the addition to be able to unpark itself. Saves a lot of hassle getting in between other tight parked cars.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Unlike many modern cars with electric steering (more or less a prerequisite for self parking capabilities), the NGT uses traditional hydraulic steering. More importantly, I wouldn't envision ANY NGT's in tight parking situations in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Beware of hackers lurking in your parking lot.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Beware of hackers lurking in your parking lot.

I'd be more concerned about them lurking in my airport. Or airplane.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Finally we can fight back when Tesla owners start boring us with their phone app.

Jealous much?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Jealous much?

I was wondering when you're going to show up :)

this is all too millennial for me....

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Jealous much?

You and Ajai, man.