GT in a Canadian Winter

A-man

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2007
Southern Alberta, Canada
Where abouts are you located.....I'm in The Hat.

60 miles east of you. I think I may have seen you drive in the Hat. No stripes on you?
Perhaps PM me and we'll meet up with the cars for a coffee.

A-man

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2007
Southern Alberta, Canada
Nice shot! Great use of light. What camera?

iPhone SE of all things, without any photoshopping. Wasn't really expecting to exit the car (brrr..) let alone take any pictures, but it was just too nice of a morning.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Nice shot. Would have figured that road to be covered in snow this time of year.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
60 miles east of you. I think I may have seen you drive in the Hat. No stripes on you?
Perhaps PM me and we'll meet up with the cars for a coffee.

PM sent

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
iPhone SE of all things, without any photoshopping. Wasn't really expecting to exit the car (brrr..) let alone take any pictures, but it was just too nice of a morning.

Apple is proving that it isn't strictly a matter of having the best CMOS sensor, but what you do with it. They have managed to bring detail to shadows while not clipping highlights. These were once thought to be the domain of the full frame 35mm and larger cameras. It would be really nifty to see Apple's post-processing algorithms in a Nikon full frame. My D700 does a good job but it's starting to feel obsolete. A Red in still mode still beats them all.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
A-man,

You probably don't know it but you captured a great astronomical event in your image. The blue, pink and faded blue above in your distant sky is called the "Belt of Venus"

APOD has quite a few, but yours is striking in color.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100404.html

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Great photo! Keep driving!

Ed

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Houston winter...we missed you Soroush. I'll give you more notice next time.
If Sanjay brought his GT we could have had 4 quick silvers

Attachments

• 208232F1-6536-49FA-B0A3-DF7DEEB10C5C.jpg
    208232F1-6536-49FA-B0A3-DF7DEEB10C5C.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited: