Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
classic!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And before youtube. Im pretty sure I saw that for the 1st time on VHS. One of the best car videos ever (Sena in the NSX in loafers is good too).

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
It was supposed to be a Ferrari, shot in one take, but rumours persist that it was actually a camera strapped on the front of a Mercedes, not sure what the real story is. I bought a dvd of it donkeys years ago from SpiritLevel film (don't think that's Fred's company!)

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I got the impression that the sound of the engine does somehow not match the speed of the video. Not sure what is wrong.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I bought a dvd of it donkeys years ago from SpiritLevel film (don't think that's Fred's company!)
:eek :lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Richard Symons (Spirit Level Films) acquired the rights. I bought it years ago, along with the great Cobra movie The Snake And The Stallion, another great car movie. Sprit is a small film group - he produces some political things. My first copy of Snake was defective and Symons and I exchanged emails directly. He also does some political oriented. Also has a special version of Le Mans that I've not seen his version.

French film maker Claude Lalouche made the movie. Supposedly the vehicle is a Mercedes 6.9 but the sound is dubbed Ferrari. The film is real, done in one take. One old wive's tale is that Claude Lelouche got into some trouble AFTER the film was shown for doing it. He used the same camera setup in some of his later films. One version is that Lelouche drove it himself but another is that it was a pro driver (don't remember who). The woman at the end was Lalouche's girlfriend and was queued to be there.

The section through the arch is dicey!!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Teaser for The Snake And The Stallion (aka, The Cobra Ferrari Wars)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLCBzcx_sa4

There is a full version that has a different narrator. I really dislike when someone steals works like this. Symons is a small shop and deserves his royalties from the DVD sales.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Some more classic French driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emykVnzB4_Y