2005-2006 Pre Purchase Inspection Needed? Who can I talk with ?

surferdude101

Feb 11, 2017
Hi guys, my name is Rodger Hall. I am new to the GT Forum. I have wanted an 05-06 Ford GT for some time and am ready to buy one. I need to find some one who can help me find the right car. I have heard that a search can be done first to see if the car looks good before going after, what documents would that include and how much would that cost? Then if that checks out what would it cost to hire some one to fly in and do a through physical inspection? And what would be included in the inspection? Any help is greatly appreciated. I can be reached at urocket101@aol.com Thank you all in advance

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Hello Rodger,

First thing I'd recommend doing is listing your location (or the location of the vehicle(s) you are interested in). Considering all the owners on this site, you can probably get multiple recommendations for a local "inspector" to review a car.

You might also want to include what you are looking for in terms of car specifics such as price and mileage breakpoints, color/options, etc. Lots of people here can help you quickly narrow down your search for your specific GT.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are threads here concerning what to look for and who to possibly use. Do a search.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Rodger: The ultimate inspection team are "The GT Guy's" located in Detroit or Dearborn area. They worked on the assembly line at the time the cars were built. They would be the most qualified people to inspect a Ford GT. Shelby at Elite Motors in Jonesboro Arkansas has many for sale, as do other sites which I can not mention. Enjoy the search.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I agree with 50 BMG. put the state in your request so people can respond correctly to your request. there are a lot of owners around the country who will probably be more than glad to point you in the right direction. good move on a pre-inspection (BEFORE) you purchase or at least purchase from a reputable dealer such as Shelby Elite. there are a lot of GTs that have been repaired from accidents for sale. makes a big difference on who and how the repair was done what you end up with. jmho

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
If possible, buy from Shelby.
Eliminates all the headaches!
Good luck with your search.
Best,
Mark

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
^^^������

DG1

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2016
Toronto
So I'm just about ready to give up on posting- I enter 3 thumbs up and get 6 question marks! Shelby's the best- you can't go wrong!
DG

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
So I'm just about ready to give up on posting- I enter 3 thumbs up and get 6 question marks! Shelby's the best- you can't go wrong!
DG

Not sure if you tried, but hit the go advanced button before you post and then use the icons on the right .:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
You can then hit the preview post button to make sure you have them right before hitting the submit reply.:biggrin:thumbsup:usa

...and you can come back and edit later when you are logged in by hitting the edit button below your post if you want to change or add something. :wink

Last edited:

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I can't say enough good things about the GT Guys!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
GT GUYS .

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There are others in Arizona (Rich Roback), and CA (Kendall) that also could be helpful.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Hi Rodger, this is Rich Barnes with The Mustang Ranch in Golden, Colorado 303-931-5412. I would of responded sooner but I just got back in town from 2 inspections. I am a hired Shelby, Ford GT, Pantera, Mustang inspector. I would like the opportunity to earn your business. Here are my credentials

*35 Plus years of all phases of Classic/ Performance restoration
*Collector of 16 vintage Shelby Mustangs ranging from 1965-70

*Collector of 50 some other Fastback and Mustang Convertibles

*Collector of 3 2005-2006 Ford GT 40 Super cars

*Owner of the #17 Mad Max stunt car used by Mel Gibson

*Award winning and published in a variety of magazines, periodicals

*Published in and a member of SAAC

*Former NASCAR Driver for Hooters Restaurants

*Inspected/ verified and rebuilt at least 150 cars

Just Google “Rich Barnes The Mustang Ranch Golden, Co”

you will find 2 pages of exciting information about my adventures.

35 years of access to data bases, contacts, insider information and

personal hands on relationships has put me ahead of my competition!

For the initial cost of $350 I will help you find and contact the owner of the Ford GT you seek. Or speak with the owner of one you have found. Then look at pictures, ask questions, pull a carfax, tap into 2 other Insurance data bases I have access to as well as speak with my personal friend, Jeff Burgy the Registrar of the 2005-06 Ford GT's. It is crucial to see if a car looks "Good on paper" first before spending your money to fly me out to do a PPI or Pre Purchase Inspection. If there are some red flags about a car we will want to know it!

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
^Big thumbs up for the knowledge and helpfulness of Rich!

Last edited:

Tungsten1663

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2013
That's great to know a GT expert resides in Golden. Hope to have a summer place there soon and plan on taking my GT with me!

surferdude101

Feb 11, 2017
Hi Rodger, this is Rich Barnes with The Mustang Ranch in Golden, Colorado 303-931-5412. I would of responded sooner but I just got back in town from 2 inspections. I am a hired Shelby, Ford GT, Pantera, Mustang inspector. I would like the opportunity to earn your business. Here are my credentials

*35 Plus years of all phases of Classic/ Performance restoration
*Collector of 16 vintage Shelby Mustangs ranging from 1965-70

*Collector of 50 some other Fastback and Mustang Convertibles

*Collector of 3 2005-2006 Ford GT 40 Super cars

*Owner of the #17 Mad Max stunt car used by Mel Gibson

*Award winning and published in a variety of magazines, periodicals

*Published in and a member of SAAC

*Former NASCAR Driver for Hooters Restaurants

*Inspected/ verified and rebuilt at least 150 cars

Just Google “Rich Barnes The Mustang Ranch Golden, Co”

you will find 2 pages of exciting information about my adventures.

35 years of access to data bases, contacts, insider information and

personal hands on relationships has put me ahead of my competition!

For the initial cost of $350 I will help you find and contact the owner of the Ford GT you seek. Or speak with the owner of one you have found. Then look at pictures, ask questions, pull a carfax, tap into 2 other Insurance data bases I have access to as well as speak with my personal friend, Jeff Burgy the Registrar of the 2005-06 Ford GT's. It is crucial to see if a car looks "Good on paper" first before spending your money to fly me out to do a PPI or Pre Purchase Inspection. If there are some red flags about a car we will want to know it!

Hi Rich, Rodger here and thanks for the information. I can see from your travels that you have been around this country and over in Europe inspecting and chasing cars. Those are some amazing story's. I like your approach to see as you call it to look at a car on paper first. I think it could not only save time but money and most important aid in finding the right car. So tell me what could be the next move if everything looked good on paper? I am assuming the inspection and condition of the car if I was serious? Can you tell me about that?

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
^Big thumbs up for the knowledge and helpfulness of Rich.

(Anyone else notice the OP hasn't checked back since thread start 10 days ago?)

Thanks Brian for the Boost of confidence! So that all of you know I just worked closely with my friend and client Brian Beezley. We met last summer at a local car show and talked about GT's. Most recently we had a visit at my house and looked closer at one of my cars. Then went for a life changing ride with 925 at the rear wheel! Brian was bit and has GT Venom in his blood now! So I took him through my process and found the right car. Now he awaits his new arrival.
Brian,I hope you can get some sleep before she arrives?
Best regards, Rich at TMR

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
That's great to know a GT expert resides in Golden. Hope to have a summer place there soon and plan on taking my GT with me!

Hi, Rich Barnes at The Mustang Ranch here. Please look me up when you come to town. Best regards 303-931-5412

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Hi Rich, Rodger here and thanks for the information. I can see from your travels that you have been around this country and over in Europe inspecting and chasing cars. Those are some amazing story's. I like your approach to see as you call it to look at a car on paper first. I think it could not only save time but money and most important aid in finding the right car. So tell me what could be the next move if everything looked good on paper? I am assuming the inspection and condition of the car if I was serious? Can you tell me about that?

Hey Rodger, yes a physical inspection. Just because a car looks good on paper does not mean it is perfect or ok in the real world. Unfortunately a Ford GT can be repaired without any record of being found. We all know a car is more valuable without any stories or previous issues. I explain to my clients that they would not buy a house without the representation of a Realtor or having the house inspected, would you? It is the same thing with a fine piece of art or a piece of current American history "2005-06 Ford GT". Carroll Shelby told me himself "Rich, I will tell you about this car I have for sale but you better check it out for yourself" And then he went on to say that we could both go and see the same movie and come out with different opinions about what we just saw. In a nut shell, you will want to know in detail what you are spending your $230-$350? on. This way you can piece of mind and sleep at night fully knowing what you have just bought and have documentation on it.

surferdude101

Feb 11, 2017
Hey Rodger, yes a physical inspection. Just because a car looks good on paper does not mean it is perfect or ok in the real world. Unfortunately a Ford GT can be repaired without any record of being found. We all know a car is more valuable without any stories or previous issues. I explain to my clients that they would not buy a house without the representation of a Realtor or having the house inspected, would you? It is the same thing with a fine piece of art or a piece of current American history "2005-06 Ford GT". Carroll Shelby told me himself "Rich, I will tell you about this car I have for sale but you better check it out for yourself" And then he went on to say that we could both go and see the same movie and come out with different opinions about what we just saw. In a nut shell, you will want to know in detail what you are spending your $230-$350? on. This way you can piece of mind and sleep at night fully knowing what you have just bought and have documentation on it.

Good words to live by. Can you break down what you do on an inspection?