2017 Ford GT Filmed driving near Big Sur

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hard to think of a prettier place to drive than Big Sur. Went there for my bride's birthday some years ago. We loved it.
If I had a new GT same time as you (hint...hint...) I would ship it out there to join you!

I'm lucky to live in NorCal as I spend a lot of time in the Carmel-Monterey area. I know every inch of the Hwy 1 aka PCA. We will plan on a drive Jaxgt!

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
How you doin'?

Is that a new GT? Or just one of the old ones that has been repainted? So are there GTs making the rounds to the magazines then?

Yeah, that's a newer one.

Top Gear filmed this weekend so I assume they will have a print feature as well. I do believe there are media drives coming a few weeks from now.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Very cool... DBK can't wait to see yours during Holy Week for Cars in Pebble! Sure wish mine was ready in time.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thinking this will be a must do for several of us over the next few years.

Vince H

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Yeah, that's a newer one.

Top Gear filmed this weekend so I assume they will have a print feature as well. I do believe there are media drives coming a few weeks from now.
\also a picture floating around with Matt in NGT at Laguna Seca

Mar 15, 2006
Needs to be Chris Harris behind the wheel and hooning sideways around a track. Save Matt Leblanc for chick car test drives.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Needs to be Chris Harris behind the wheel and hooning sideways around a track. Save Matt Leblanc for chick car test drives.

I would agree - Matt seems like the average Joe on the clips I've been able to find. Still better than Clarkson though:facepalm:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Admittedly I've never even seen the new version of the show, but it sounds like LeBlanc is legit based on the people I talked to who participated last weekend.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
LeBlanc is big into dirt bikes. Got a large ranch in Cali. Good moto skills translate into good car driving skills, right Ed?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
LeBlanc is big into dirt bikes. Got a large ranch in Cali. Good moto skills translate into good car driving skills, right Ed?

I think motorcycle road racing can help with auto racing but motocross is too different. I thought I would be a great auto racer when I joined the SCCA in 1990 after racing mx. My eyes were opened up. Way different lines, throttle control, braking, etc. I was terrible but had a good time!

Ed

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
Matt was the fastest celebrity at Top Gear, no doubt this performance created some interest from the TG producers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3buyynp6hU4

In last year series he did a great job as TG presenter, which surprised many. I expect a lot from the new season that starts in 2 weeks time.

Mar 15, 2006
That is encouraging to hear!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Matt was the fastest celebrity at Top Gear, no doubt this performance created some interest from the TG producers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3buyynp6hU4

In last year series he did a great job as TG presenter, which surprised many. I expect a lot from the new season that starts in 2 weeks time.
Matt = yes!
Chris = big yes!
Rory = not so much

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
IMG_5416.jpg Same stretch of highway.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
New Top Gear trailer online with 2 clips of the above shot GT.
[video=youtube;NyAKoKi-8k0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyAKoKi-8k0[/video]

Sabre

Jun 27, 2016
Very difficult to positively identify the driver, but after watching several times on YouTube in full screen mode it looks to me like it could very well be Billy Johnson. He does a lot of this type of thing for Ford and I know for a fact that he's been at Sebring this week driving the Competition GT for photo shoots and for a Michelin Tire video.

Not saying it's 100% Billy...just that he looks closest to who I could see driving...in my opinion.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The bridge they drove over on highway 1 has partially collapsed this week from all the rains. The supports holding up the bridge started giving way and a portion of the highway is now closed... most likely for some time.

Highway 1 Bridge.jpg

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
^^^^^ That is going to be a pricey fix.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing no highway 1 road trip during Holy Week for Cars this year in August

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Very disappointing, but I think you're right. Fixing that kind of failure in that kind of bridge is pricy and time consumering.

Guessing no highway 1 road trip during Holy Week for Cars this year in August