Thursday February 16th, 2017

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Yes, but like the 05/06, VINs aren't really related to build order. I think someone told me they can hang on to a VIN for like 6 months.

Thanks DBK.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Can't imagine what you are experiencing driving the GT out and about. The pictures are incredible to look at. Ford has done the impossible and improved on what was already considered perfection. Wow.

Vince H

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's a different era. We hooked the car up to the FordPass app. Phone tells you miles to empty, odometer, when your next service is due, and it has remote start, lock and unlock. :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
73ae722b2e50de7626a26ef4985d113a.jpg

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Make sure you send this to Charlie as Chip will have no clue what to do with it. :lol

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

cool.. does it have a way to alert you if the car is moved with your knowledge ? IE theft alerts ?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Make sure you send this to Charley as Chip will have no clue what to do with it. :lol

Vince H

Vince,

When Charley graduated from high school and was accepted at Texas A&M I let him order a brand new Mustang to take to college. When it arrived and we were picking it up he told me his new ride had SYNC. I couldn't really see the need for that but I didn't want to seem negative so I replied, "Well I suppose that's great if you need to wash your hands or do some dishes on the road".

Chip

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
cool.. does it have a way to alert you if the car is moved with your knowledge ? IE theft alerts ?

It's got a location function so you can check where it is and a messages function. Don't know if it would tell you it was stolen, but it would definitely tell someone.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Can this be switched off ? Car companies are quite new to IT and security in a car and I haven't heard of any that has not been broken yet. Especially for such an expensive car, it would be great to keep the script kiddies out.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Can it do real time data logging?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Hope the insurance companies can't get in to check speed or we will all be cancelled. Also going to be interesting on insurance rate and how they will be established for replacement cost or amount need for stated value.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Can this be switched off ? Car companies are quite new to IT and security in a car and I haven't heard of any that has not been broken yet. Especially for such an expensive car, it would be great to keep the script kiddies out.

Just never register. Gotta login to the system, create an account, validate the vehicle on the phone and the user in the vehicle, etc, etc.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Vince,

When Charley graduated from high school and was accepted at Texas A&M I let him order a brand new Mustang to take to college. When it arrived and we were picking it up he told me his new ride had SYNC. I couldn't really see the need for that but I didn't want to seem negative so I replied, "Well I suppose that's great if you need to wash your hands or do some dishes on the road".

Chip

Haha!

Vince Hott

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Dave You are a lucky man!! Will there still be a Heritage available in the fall and can I afford it if Multimatic delivers the GT4?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am F'ng speechless...
Ever tried to load this post and all the pics off a Bahamian cell phone connection? Took me over an hour, probably spent $1K in data charges. Worth every penny. Oh baby, I can't wait!

Last edited:

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
It's got a location function so you can check where it is and a messages function. Don't know if it would tell you it was stolen, but it would definitely tell someone.

can you scan window sticker and post it assume if ford is delivering cars then no secret on cost any more unless they told everyone getting a car you cant share your window sticker which would seem kind of odd

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The car is $450k. The Heritage with the addition of stripes, painted number roundels, gold finish wheels, full leather interior, carbon fiber interior components and exposed carbon fiber exterior splitter, side sills, mirror stalks, diffuser, and engine bay surround is $500k.

I get the curiosity but the cost of the car is basically meaningless at this point. The car is unavailable and market value is drastically different.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I get the curiosity but the cost of the car is basically meaningless at this point. The car is unavailable and market value is drastically different.

Dave is right on this and not to start confrontation here, and besides the fact that the car can't be sold to a 3rd party for 2 years, I was offered, even before I was so graciously selected, $300,000.00 over my cost at a party from a car guy that I know quite well and can afford it.
Of course I declined. I want to drive her.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Canadian dollars? Isn't that like $500 US?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
can you scan window sticker and post it assume if ford is delivering cars then no secret on cost any more unless they told everyone getting a car you cant share your window sticker which would seem kind of odd

People who are ordering the cars know all the details as far as price and available options. that's all that matters. there are no secrets.. it's just a ninja society kind of thing.. :lol

Last edited: