The Supercar Conundrum and the NGT

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
If you have another FL trip upcoming, you'll have to swing by the NE coast!

I keep threatening to do that, and it may happen soon!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
This is for real right?!?

Every time I see the car in person, I can't help but think "I can't believe this thing even exists."

Dave,

I can get my head around the above if I squint hard and use my imagination. But I still can't fathom I'm going to own one.

Oh, and it's going to be in my garage in just a few weeks.

Really???

Seriously?!?!?

Chip

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dave,

I can get my head around the above if I squint hard and use my imagination. But I still can't fathom I'm going to own one.

Oh, and it's going to be in my garage in just a few weeks.

Really???

Seriously?!?!?

Chip

Me too Chip. I'm going to own a Ford GT that won Le Mans, Rolex 24 et al.?! Seriously?!
I've already accepted the fact that it will be a terrible financial decision, but I don't care a bit. Ok maybe a little, but FORD GT LE MANS WINNER!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Great advice regardless of your faith:

1 Timothy 6:6-7
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we will carry nothing out.

Amen!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Don Henley: Gimme What You Got

"...you don't see no hearses with luggage racks."

Not usually anyway.

View attachment 45297

Ha ha. Yes, that's another way to look at it. Nice touch finding a Lincoln hearse.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Believe me, I'm gonna unleash some words I aint never used yet...

The Ninja of Neologisms!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
You gotta love the Henley lyrics.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Believe me, I'm gonna unleash some words I aint never used yet...

Just great, another mitty post I wont comprehend.....

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Just great, another mitty post I wont comprehend.....

Don't worry my friend, this time I'll provide footnotes in English!

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Mitty so I take it you are back in the GT world and have sent it to Jason for some upgrades??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Mitty so I take it you are back in the GT world and have sent it to Jason for some upgrades??

I belive Mr Mitty found all the reassurances he was looking for and then some. can't go wrong with the ford GT, shelby, or Mr Heffner for that matter.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005

Nautoncall,

First, thanks for the previous kind words. Yes, as Soroush surmised, I am back with a vengeance. Bought a Black '05 4 option car from Shelby with a whopping 800 miles on it. Sending to Jason for some lovin', then back to Shelby for even more lovin'. Then, I'm gonna wear that thing out.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I will be anxiously awaiting your review!!!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
The Speciale, SLS Black Series, and the GT treated me righteous.

Tell me about the Speciale. That one's on "the list". Last of the high revving, naturally aspirated V8's. Picture?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Ha ha. Yes, that's another way to look at it. Nice touch finding a Lincoln hearse.

651bac22e39e45d51ea3f0a16d53b3c0.jpg
93a652549100c47058d191b956e8d524.jpg

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
All the supercars mentioned in this thread are just that - Super! I bought my first car when I was 14 years old: 1965 Ford Mustang. I have purchased many Mustangs and various Fords since then. When I was financially successful enough to purchase a supercar, I knew I wanted to buy American. The decision for me was easy. I have driven Fords my entire driving life and Ford makes a supercar. Decision made. If you own a 05/06 FGT you own a car of a lifetime. If you are fortunate enough to purchase a 17/20 FGT you will own the other car of a lifetime. Those are the only supercars on my bucket list.

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
GTdrummer, you might be my twin. For your sake, I hope that's not the case. Your post actually made my eyes well up for a minute. Then I pretended it was allergies.

There may be more of us than anyone thought. Perhaps we should form a support group, and seek Govt funding.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Nautoncall,

First, thanks for the previous kind words. Yes, as Soroush surmised, I am back with a vengeance. Bought a Black '05 4 option car from Shelby with a whopping 800 miles on it. Sending to Jason for some lovin', then back to Shelby for even more lovin'. Then, I'm gonna wear that thing out.

Mitty, now you my friend are a "car guy". You buy a 800 mile car that most would put in a bubble, but you are gonna mod the heck out of it!! Awesome!! Can't wait to hear!! You've had a lot of supercars but you keep coming back to the best!!

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
:agree::agree::agree::agree:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
It's kind of scary how many people on this forum are my philosophical twin. Guess the Ford GT brings like (and great) minds together...
Im a value for your money kind of a guy, and by that definition I will never buy a car knowing I will have to sell or trade it in for the next big thing in 14 month and take beating on the trade. I usually never buy brand new in the first place anyway I feel i get much more value for my money if I buy used. IF my allocation for the NFGT comes to fruition this will be only the second car I have purchased brand new. The first one was a bmw M5 that I leased for three years and it made sense at the time to do that. (I have purchased about 20 cars all together over the years) I don't have to have the latest and the fastest, Im not an early adopter by any means. some people are, they have to have the latest at any cost. If thats your thing that great. if you have that much money to continually lose 30 to 40K on your trades every 14 month Im a little jealous that you have that much money to burn ;) I would personally never do that. Have i lost money on cars? plenty of times. A big part of the reason I bought the 05 ford gt was because I realized even at 180K there is good value, but I never thought there is good value because the price might go up I genuinely thought I would get 180K worth of enjoyment out of the car even if I don't make a dollar back and so far i feel like I have received every pennys worth, so much so that as soon as I realized how much value there was in that car I bought a second one, and almost bought a third but alas Im not a baby boomer and my senses kicked in and said enough is enough. I wish they hadn't. The GT has timeless lines, easy to maintain, plenty of performance, simple to work on and repair, and cool factor off the charts.(not to mention a badass forum with great bunch of guys) for me the car was clearly underpriced and current market trends seems to agree with me. Besides my black GT will leave a Bugatti Veyron in the dust in the mile, so I guess what I said about not needing to have the fasted was just a little lie:) talk about value for your money where else can you have a 1000plus hp super car for the kind of money we spend on our GTs? not to mention that even if you break that 1000 hp car if wont cost an arm and leg to fix it!!! the 0506 GT is by far and I mean by far the greatest bang for the buck supercar in the last 10 years and even still.