Order kit unboxing with Camilo

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=youtube;YI8Qks9q7Vc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8Qks9q7Vc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
I find it annoying Ford painted the caliper including the carbon disc. If I would get such a kit and needed to make up my mind, I probably would have made a small overlay disc with the correct carbon disc color and texture that would fit between the wheel and the colored caliper/disc part. If anyone knows a laser cutting company in the vincinity, such overlay discs would be quite easy and cheap to have made (I suppose everyone wants them, so a few hundreds would be needed at least). I only have a water cutting company in my area, they can cut discs but not punch the small holes for the carbon disc look effect.
Alternatively I made carbon disc decals in the past for my Zonda project. If I know the correct size and shape of the colored disc/caliper part I can redesign these decals to fit on the Ford parts. I can upload or supply the jpg file, so you only need a laser printer (even a black/white printer would do) and white sticker paper. Print the file, cut the stickers and stick them on the disc and you have a good looking carbon disc. The effect will be like this:
IMG_8391_zps4fcec78c.jpg

I used gun metal for these, but can make a grey background for the sticker files.

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Nice idea, I like the video. Well done.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Camilo, thanks for sharing! Exciting times! And Congratulations!!

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Was that good for you?

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for posting. Fun stuff, enjoy the process!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I'm sorry but this is bugging me, if I recall, you have made this comment a couple times. Clearly you are an expert in scale models by your posts, and your gt90 efforts. BUT this kit has nothing to do with this. This kit is simply a tool to aid in the selection process of the car. Praise, not criticism is in order for this kit.

Back on topic.....

Wonder what Camilo will pick...

I find it annoying Ford painted the caliper including the carbon disc.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Enjoyed the "opening". Now the tough part making the choices. Fun stuff.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm pretty sure the rotors are colored because it's meant to be a color analysis tool rather than a model. Would be a really small slice of color if just the caliper portion was painted.

I should release the NSFW outtakes from this. It was a long night with many Camilo-isms. :lol

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Yeah, I can tell from the time stamp of your initial post! It was a long night.
Was this done at Camilo'S !?
Andy (ajb)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm pretty sure the rotors are colored because it's meant to be a color analysis tool rather than a model. Would be a really small slice of color if just the caliper portion was painted.

I should release the NSFW outtakes from this. It was a long night with many Camilo-isms. :lol

I waited and waited some more, yet no pretty lady in over 6 minutes. What were you guys thinking?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Please forward the uncut version. Would like to keep a coy of that along all the promotional and media materials.

Nicely done! And I'll bet there were MANY edits in the process!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I waited and waited some more, yet no pretty lady in over 6 minutes. What were you guys thinking?

Thought the same thing. Clearly an oversight after the editing.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
That is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Dave. We are ready for the out takes.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I wonder what CP application video looks like ?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I wonder what CP application video looks like ?

Do you? Really?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Do you? Really?

YES

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007