Sebring

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I know its only a few days after Daytona, but is anyone planning on going to Sebring? Is Ford sponsoring any hospitality tents or corrals? It's certainly on my radar screen.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Waffling on going. No tents or corrals I'm aware of. Lodging is just such a PITA for Sebring.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
+1 on DBK's comments. I went to Sebring last year for the first time. It was right after going to Daytona for the first time. It's really not set up for spectators. No real viewing areas, no TV monitors scattered about .. Daytona is state of the art and Sebring is a relic of a facility for amenities. accommodations are sparse. I had a friend there with a motor home we watched the race on TV there..

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Maybe I'll just go for the race. If anything, just to show support for the team. We snuck up to the seats above the pits last year and it was ok viewing. A sleeping bag, a blue tarp and my pickup bed should suffice for sleeping accommodations.

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I reserved a room in Vero Beach a while back just in case. I'm 90% if anyone wants to meet up.

Looks only marginally farther than Duluth to Road Atlanta.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
So no grandstands or decent viewing areas?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So no grandstands or decent viewing areas?

Grandstands on the start/finish straight above pits. Smaller stands around the course. Easy walking to good viewpoints...my favorites are turns 1, 3-5, 7, 17. Raised grassy "viewing mounds" to give you a bit of elevation on an otherwise flat course.

sebring.jpg

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Can you rent carts to get from corner to corner?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Yes, but it's pretty easy to walk the course. Fairly compact considering its length. Several bridges that only pedestrians can use.

A cart would be useful if you wanted a rolling bar, but otherwise not much point to it.

You can park inside and drive your car around the area between the hotel and turns 1-3.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Stands?! Sebring is an old school endurance race. It's only 12 hours. Camp for the full, greasy experience.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I just got into Porsche Parking ("Porscheplatz") for Saturday. As long as Ferrari doesn't win, I can't lose!

Howard

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Plan a few extra days around the race.

Only 75 miles to Atlantic beaches or 85 miles to (my favorite) Gulf Coast beaches.

sebring1.jpg

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten

Lazy ass.

I call shotgun!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't mind walking but I hate wasting time at a race without a track view, especially at a 12 hour.

And yes, I am definitely lazy.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I just got into Porsche Parking ("Porscheplatz") for Saturday. As long as Ferrari doesn't win, I can't lose!

Howard

I'll remind you Howard that there is no "i" in "team." I trust that you secured spots for your friends too.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Only if you're in the passenger seat. By the way, you spell "tiime" your way and I'll spell it mine.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Plan a few extra days around the race.

Only 75 miles to Atlantic beaches or 85 miles to (my favorite) Gulf Coast beaches.

View attachment 45533

Also, The Yankees play the Tigers in Lakeland on Friday. :thumbsup

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
What's everyone planning? I'm shooting to get there for Qualifying on Friday.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm going up tomorrow

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009