SELLING EX-MATECH FGT STOCK

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone ask the price for all?

I did and it was in to the 6 figures, but the buyer was responsible for removing it, packing and shipping. Start with a full room, finish with an empty room, give the keys back when done but gotta hurry, ie, it's not a storage locker. Estimated two or more full shipping containers (some of the parts were large and heavy so the whole thing required a conservative pack). It wasn't economical for anyone outside of Europe with a friendly truck and friends to move it. Plus you'd need a whole lot of storage space. Many of the parts would not have been economical since there is not a huge demand and were not getting a premium or lack of availability from Ford. LIke GT101 said, the inventory turnover would have been years and in the end you'd have a lot of low or no demand leftovers. It just wasn't economical.

So far noone in Europe has come on board with a boatload of used Ford GT parts.

Last edited:

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
I did and it was in to the 6 figures, but the buyer was responsible for removing it, packing and shipping. Start with a full room, finish with an empty room, give the keys back when done but gotta hurry, ie, it's not a storage locker. Estimated two or more full shipping containers (some of the parts were large and heavy so the whole thing required a conservative pack). It wasn't economical for anyone outside of Europe with a friendly truck and friends to move it. Plus you'd need a whole lot of storage space. Many of the parts would not have been economical since there is not a huge demand and were not getting a premium or lack of availability from Ford. LIke GT101 said, the inventory turnover would have been years and in the end you'd have a lot of low or no demand leftovers. It just wasn't economical.

So far noone in Europe has come on board with a boatload of used Ford GT parts.

Tony
the German buyer made a great deal in my opinion. I totally agree to your packaging issue as I build up the stock on my own which took a couple of weeks :rofl. So I was not so eager to clear up my stock on my own. Don't have the time and motivation anymore. Selling price was exactly what I was asking for - and payed in € what I offered you in $. What do you think only the 4 new Ricardo transmissions, 6 new painted and complete deck-lids and 4 doors are worth? And these few parts only represented 40% of the whole stock I sold. So I think the price was really ok. The new lucky owner is now building up some cars for himself for the track.

My wife is happy now with her new fitness room and I am still enjoying my GT, which I bought 2006. Best car buy I ever made!

Best regards to all from Berlin
Desi

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Desi, good to hear from you. Will be in Europe in June. May visit Berlin. Frank

nbg-mustang

Sep 5, 2014
Desi do you have a contact from the new owner?
Daniel

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow! Could have been an instant historical museum! Congrats on getting the parts out there, where they can be enjoyed and used.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
With the release of the 90+ chassis I bet these parts will be in demand. Don't think they will take long to find buyers.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It sounds like the buyer is using them for his own projects.

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
Desi, good to hear from you. Will be in Europe in June. May visit Berlin. Frank

Hi Doc Frank
Please let me know if you plan to come to Berlin. Would like to have a beer with you 🍻 (or two)
Desi

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Frank will drink several beers!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Frank will drink several beers!

Dr Frank owes me several beers!

Ed

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
It sounds like the buyer is using them for his own projects.

he has been a great customer in Germany. he is and has built several GTs and doesn't sell his parts. he did real good with the Matech inventory.