Brand spanking new Optional wheels with OE Goodyears...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
These wheels were taken of my car when it had just delivery miles on it.
My 20/22" wheels arrived even before I got the car, and they went straight on there.

Wheels have been carefully stored and has never seen sun or cold.

DSC01770.jpg

What does this sort of thing go for?? Suggestions of a selling price are very welcome.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I would think at least $8-9k US.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
It likely won't change your mind on selling, but if these are the original tires, there is documentation, "out there" that does pair serial numbers of the original tires with the vin of the car. Attendees of (when was it, r3???) we got a spec sheet with this info.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
It likely won't change your mind on selling, but if these are the original tires, there is documentation, "out there" that does pair serial numbers of the original tires with the vin of the car. Attendees of (when was it, r3???) we got a spec sheet with this info.

Thanks for info, I didn't know that tires was matched to the VIN.
They need to go regardless.

Last edited:

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver

Hope this isn't too much of a thread diversion, but can you comment more on the "collector-value" of having the original tires? I just bought a 1600 mile car with the original tires on it, that I at this point plan to throw away next week when the new Bridgestones arrive. What possible value to any future owner could these too-old-to-use tires have? Maybe I just take a pic of the tires' SN before they go in the dumpster, and file away with other documentation of the car's originality?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Beez - when I replaced my original tires ..and my original battery(with the unique FORDGT nomenclature) and my original exhaust with the Ford Racing parts , I SAVED THEM ALL.
I realize that they will be 'no good' in 15-20 years , but they become 'historical pieces' after 15 years....
If you have the room , stack them nicely in your garage and keep them for posterity.

andy (ajb)

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I looked up the price on www.fordparts.com and a set of optional wheels comes to a total of $ 13.854.
I believe that $ 9.000 for mine is a good deal, so they will not go for less.

Shipping to The US is not too expensive and can be worked out easy...