First glimpse of the GT's next competitor...

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Not even close to the NFGT styling, not impressed. IMO

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Nice looking car and much more attractive than the current ones.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Not even close to the look of the NFGT. It will be hard to beat the styling of the NFGT.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
As I commented on Mac Life, evolutionary not revolutionary. Probably will look gorgeous in the flesh, but not an iconic design.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I wonder if Raj will upgrade his Austin comment though:-

'Yeah 675LT, we could have done without them releasing that....'

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I wonder if Raj will upgrade his Austin comment though:-

'Yeah 675LT, we could have done without them releasing that....'

.....and P14 is suppoedly P1-level performance

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Competition is good. No one rests.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
.....and P14 is suppoedly P1-level performance

That thought is just staggering.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Not sure if I love it, but cool. Anxious to see it from more angles. I wish they could make the 1+2 seating arrangement work, a la F1. Then I would only have to leave one kid behind. :driving:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Looks much better IMO, here. In fact (in reference to my first post), driver position DOES almost appear central in this shot.

Attachments

• p14.jpg
    p14.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 450

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I wish they could make the 1+2 seating arrangement work, a la F1. Then I would only have to leave one kid behind. :driving:

That's the BP23

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Do not like look of present (or even future mclarens), or even present day F cars. Though the forms may be functional, they have lost all sense of style! They look "generic"! NFGT light years ahead in style department!!!

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Seems to have a very function flow design. Would depend on the floor tray. But most of the time, flow design and an appealing look are hard to combine.
Think they missed it here.
This combination is what Ford and the NFGT design team nailed and will be the focus and target for everyone else. :)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I could care less! You like it ? Than you buy it ! My veins run blue!
There is nothing in my book as sexy or as cool as a FORD GT of any year!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Agree. NGT is in a different class styling-wise.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
That's the BP23

I am aware of the BP 23. That is not likely a car that I would ever be able to attain. However, their Super Series like the P 14, I could probably swing.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
That thing reminds me of the movie SLEEPER.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Probably wise to reserve judgment on the McLaren until we see it in the flesh. Seen lots of grainy/blurry/fisheyed photos of cars that later proved of very little help in appreciating the general article. Sort of like judging a Canova from a picture in a 8th grade textbook.

Here's what we know for now: The NGT is an incredibly novel and inspiring piece of industrial design. If the only test for an exotic was its looks, I'm feeling like the NGT is not only a home run, but a walk off home run. I'm waiting with bated breath for the first production model performance reviews and instrumented test results.

The McLaren will very likely be a performance juggernaut, even if it looks like a turd. These are very interesting times to be a car enthusiast...providing you have deep pockets.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Competition is good. No one rests.

Completely agree. Not only the 720S, but also 488 Speciale, and mid engine Corvette on the way. Good chance they will target the new GT for their performance figures. Maybe the new GT will have to evolve over the production run to be sure it can stay in the lead. Then again maybe it will not need to.