wonder if the GT could get a R spec and the 2018 raptor 5.0 twin turbo engine

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
not sure if word is out and hope no one bought a 2017 raptor they might be upset but the 2018 raptor will get which is I think same engine as the 2018 Shelby gt 500 5.0 twin turbo which in the raptor will have 700hp not sure how much it will make in the gt500 maybe more and diff hp and tq amounts truck vs car

would be cool if ford drops that into the gt for 2019 year and do a R or something more aggressive then reg gt I am sure that 5.0 TT could make 750hp to 800hp

why not if ford wants to compete and compare themselves to McLaren 675LT what happens when the new 720s comes out this year?

fords whole thing was 3.5 eco boost power and fuel economy but after the rating came out ford is lower then my 650s MPG

having bought a 2005 GT new and got denied on NFGT will have to keep buying McLaren until ford lets me get one. which I would love to and would take a NFGT over anything buy hey if I cant get one no choice but keep buying McLaren and if the 675LT is a tic slower around the track then the GT I would assume the new 720S will kick its ass around the track hence why makes sense to drop in the new 5.0 TT and destroy the new 720s and what ever new Ferrari comes out.

I am sure most will jump all over this post and say the 3.5 is perfect but when it is already making less power then 675LT no way will it be faster then the 720s which much improved aero and more power

just food for thought

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, that doesn't even exist, so...

All this info is bad.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
ugh ok sorry I got this info from 2 separate sources and one of them does a lot of work directly with ford and seen emails to this person from raj so assume they both who don't know each other had correct info guess not

so the new GT500 wont have a twin turbo v8 thought that was confirmed already

http://horsepowerkings.com/ford-shelby-gt500-under-development/

http://horsepowerkings.com/the-f-150-raptor-will-receive-the-ecoboost-5-0-twin-turbo-v8-in-2018/

Last edited:

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
just reading this same thing thing about v8 tt and could be used in raptor

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-photos-news

We’re of the mind that twin-turbocharging the Voodoo is the more logical route for Ford to take. In naturally aspirated form, the 5.2-liter V-8 is already special; strap two turbos to its flanks, and it should deliver that extra dose of distinction the pricier and more exclusive GT500 model demands. Using the Voodoo V-8 for another model also will help Ford amortize the engine’s development costs with greater economies of scale—to date, the Voodoo is available only in the GT350—and it isn’t outside the realm of possibility for Ford to insert a twin-turbo V-8 into the second-generation F-150 Raptor pickup as a step up from the standard twin-turbocharged V-6. Regardless of which V-8 Ford decides to shove between the GT500’s front fenders, it likely will be crazy powerful and should eclipse the old GT500’s 662-hp rating with ease. Expect a manual transmission to be standard, while the same 10-speed automatic Chevrolet uses for the ZL1, a transmission co-developed with Ford, will be optional.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Bowls full of wrong.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That's really old clickbait.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We know WHO knows and always KNOWS!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Interesting reading in "A Big Ask", it notes that the same engine with slightly bigger turbos as used in the DP car could develop significantly more horsepower, so maybe there's hope for the tuners? Nah, the book goes on to say that packaging is so tight in the GT that there's no room for messing around with engine architecture. Maybe some clever mapping could pick up an extra 15-20hp?

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
HP is easy.

#1 take off the cats that saves weight + 20hp min gain and gain a crazy loud sound
#2 ecu tune clean up the mapping maybe boost PSI have a race tune with 95+ octane or 100

does any one know what current PSI max boost is?

Interesting reading in "A Big Ask", it notes that the same engine with slightly bigger turbos as used in the DP car could develop significantly more horsepower, so maybe there's hope for the tuners? Nah, the book goes on to say that packaging is so tight in the GT that there's no room for messing around with engine architecture. Maybe some clever mapping could pick up an extra 15-20hp?

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
would like to see fords new big block in a F250 Raptor!

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
finally confirmed what I said all along the 2018 Raptor will share same v8 tt as the new gt500 both around 700hp

my ford dealer got a a internal letter on it told them put me down for 1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
finally confirmed what I said all along the 2018 Raptor will share same v8 tt as the new gt500 both around 700hp

my ford dealer got a a internal letter on it told them put me down for 1

Dude, your dealer is flat out lying to you. This is not even close to true. We will revisit this thread after model year changeover.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Dude, your dealer is flat out lying to you. This is not even close to true. We will revisit this thread after model year changeover.

Um yeah. Haven't heard any thing of the sort.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Won't happen! Not even close! Fake news is rampant.

Ed