Car pulls to side on hard acceleration

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
And reality sets in as I changed the drivers side toe link without removing the brake rotor and it took almost 1/10 of the time.
So only the air box and wheel need be removed.
Oh, and I think mine is just shy of 50K miles.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
And reality sets in as I changed the drivers side toe link without removing the brake rotor and it took almost 1/10 of the time.
So only the air box and wheel need be removed.
Oh, and I think mine is just shy of 50K miles.

As I have to do this in short order, to clarify, you did not not remove: brake pads and caliper, emergency brake outboard section and pads, and the brake rotor as mentioned in your original post

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
I removed everything on the right side replacing the toe link. Today wanted to try only taking out the air box and the wheel and was able to replace the left side toe link. The installation of the outer end of the toe link was easier to attach with everything out of the way but was way more time consuming. Just be careful not to let the upper and lower spacers roll away when pulling out the outboard side of the link. It is not a difficult task and still used a second floor jack with a hockey puck to raise the spindle to get the link horizontally fairly level.

Parts used:
W520214-S440 locknuts
W520213-S440 locknuts
W702042-5309 bolts
4G7Z-5B551-A link(s)

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
UPDATE:
Followed Rich and other here's advice, and replaced rear toe links. Car pulls straight now on hard acceleration!
Thanks guys!

Last edited: