2006 Ford GT - $240,000

Skully

GT Owner
Dec 14, 2013
Dousman, WI
So after 10 years and 12,500 of the most amazing miles I have ever driven it is time to sell my 2006 Ford GT.

I purchased the car brand new off the showroom floor from Kayser Ford in Madison, WI. This 4 option Tungsten GT has never been wrecked, never been painted, and only has good stories to tell. I never felt any need to add more power so the car has remained bone stock and has never had any mechanical upgrades. The only change I made to the car was the addition of a flat black vinyl stripe that covers the painted silver stripes underneath. I love the look but you may not so I would be happy to remove the stripe to show off the paint underneath.

This is a 10 year old car that has been driven just under 12,500 miles but you would never believe it. When you open the door it still smells new. When you lift the clamshell to look at the engine, everything shines. You will spend hours looking at the lines on the car and you may find a chip or two but not many more than that. Whatever materials and paint Ford used they did an amazing job.

As for flaws, there are a few. Last year the tack stopped working and I couldn't decide if I should replace it with one from Speedhut or go with stock so I never addressed it. There is a scuff on the rear belly pan from driving over parking lot transition that was just a bit too tall for such a low car. You cant see it unless the car is on a lift and I figured it would happen again so I left it be. And Finally the rear clamshell vents started to age from the heat of the engine so I had some aluminum ones made to replace the plastic ones from the factory. Other than that you may find a little dirt here and there but she is beautiful.

I decided to price the car so it sells. I have owned this car for 10 incredible years. I have enjoyed every minute of driving and all the time i spent looking at her in my garage. I have watched the auctions the dealer transactions and the private sales for the last few months and talked to a few dealers who are buyers in an effort to understand where I should set the price. After looking at all the numbers I then looked at my goals. I want to sell the car to someone who knows they are getting one of the greatest cars ever built at an incredibly fair price. I have owned the car since new and gotten to enjoy driving it while watching the price go up. I don't need to be greedy.

If you are interested in a truly amazing car this is the one...

Feel free to contact me at Jon@skullys.net or my cell phone 262-391-3067

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,582
  • IMG_5182.jpg
    IMG_5182.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,574
  • IMG_5180.jpg
    IMG_5180.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,587
  • IMG_5183.jpg
    IMG_5183.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,580
  • IMG_5185.jpg
    IMG_5185.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,661
Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Seems like a fair deal. Good Luck.. I'm sure you'll miss her when she's gone..

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The black stripe looks really nice on your car.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Well........ this is one interesting thread!

Now where did I leave my Cracker-Jack Secret Decoder Ring??????

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
How many miles did the GT have?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The original post of the car for sale has been deleted..

That was my first guess. :wink

I just possess poor enough taste to comment on it.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
How many miles did the GT have?

12k miles, OP is original owner

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
Wow - cheap
Why was it removed though?
SGB

Skully

GT Owner
Dec 14, 2013
Dousman, WI
I'm not sure why the listing disappeared for a bit. Some kind of glitch, I guess. The car has just under 12,500 miles.

Skully

GT Owner
Dec 14, 2013
Dousman, WI
After hearing comments from a few people on the forum I decided to remove the black stripes so a buyer could see the original paint. I forgot how beautiful the combination is.

The car is completely stock other than aluminum clamshell vent covers I had made to replace the originals that tended to warp from the engine heat. The engine has never had any modifications.

Attachments

• IMG_5405.jpg
    IMG_5405.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 798
  • IMG_5404.jpg
    IMG_5404.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 803
  • IMG_5410.jpg
    IMG_5410.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_5394.jpg
    IMG_5394.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 793

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I decided to price the car so it sells. I have owned this car for 10 incredible years. I have enjoyed every minute of driving and all the time i spent looking at her in my garage. I have watched the auctions the dealer transactions and the private sales for the last few months and talked to a few dealers who are buyers in an effort to understand where I should set the price. After looking at all the numbers I then looked at my goals. I want to sell the car to someone who knows they are getting one of the greatest cars ever built at an incredibly fair price. >>>>>>>>>

Car looks great

"incredibly fair price" is right. I would think that the dealers would be offering at least 240K for it (but, obviously, I guess they didn't)

Last edited: