Wheels?

mlane

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2008
Coto de Caza, CA
I know I read this already in one of the posts but I cant seem to find it now that I'm looking for it-

If the car is order with carbon fiber wheels, can you switch back to forged wheels by using a open lug nut? (without switching the rotors that offer the longer nut) or is it reversed? The forged wheels allow you to switch with out having to change....

Thx

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yup, if you order carbon wheels, you can switch to forged with an open lug. If you order forged, you can't switch to carbon (easily).

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
If you order the CF wheels is an option to get a set of forged wheels delivered with the car?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If you order the CF wheels is an option to get a set of forged wheels delivered with the car?
I was told you would have to buy them separately like any typical Ford GT part. price not available yet..

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I know I read this already in one of the posts but I cant seem to find it now that I'm looking for it-

If the car is order with carbon fiber wheels, can you switch back to forged wheels by using a open lug nut? (without switching the rotors that offer the longer nut) or is it reversed? The forged wheels allow you to switch with out having to change....

Thx

Try to remember the CF wheels have a thicker flange = Longer studs

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Hi All,

Reviving this thread. Getting ready to order our '21 carbon series (super excited) but wanted to know if anyone has been able to find a set of aftermarket deep well titanium lug nuts (not open-ended) to use with forged wheels on a car set up for CF wheels. I would like to get a set of forged wheels to run around the track in but I'm not a big fan of open lugs. Are there any deep well, non-open Ti lugs that anyone has found out there?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviving this thread. Getting ready to order our '21 carbon series (super excited) but wanted to know if anyone has been able to find a set of aftermarket deep well titanium lug nuts (not open-ended) to use with forged wheels on a car set up for CF wheels. I would like to get a set of forged wheels to run around the track in but I'm not a big fan of open lugs. Are there any deep well, non-open Ti lugs that anyone has found out there?

I believe Stormcat had lugs as you described made. Send him a PM.

Chip

Reactions: GTMD

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
You def will need either longer or open lugs to use, if your car originally came with carbon wheels.
FWIW - I have a spare set of brand new set of the factory non carbon Ford GT wheels for sale, as mentioned in my recent other thread.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes, stormcat's car at SEMA circa 2018 had a closed lug that was deep enough for "normal" wheels. The question I dont know, is if those ever made it into production. @STORMCAT

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I believe Stormcat had lugs as you described made. Send him a PM.

Chip

Thank you Chip, will do!

You def will need either longer or open lugs to use, if your car originally came with carbon wheels.
FWIW - I have a spare set of brand new set of the factory non carbon Ford GT wheels for sale, as mentioned in my recent other thread.

Makes sense. I'll take a look at them, thanks!

Yes, stormcat's car at SEMA circa 2018 had a closed lug that was deep enough for "normal" wheels. The question I dont know, is if those ever made it into production. @STORMCAT

Thanks Specracer!

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
Hi All,

I went with a custom set of Vossens. The local shop I use fabricated a custom set of Ti lugs to go with the Vossens. It was more expensive than the factory option, but they look great. PM me and I'm happy to connect you with them.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’d be interested in the lugs for my non Carbon wheels

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I went with a custom set of Vossens. The local shop I use fabricated a custom set of Ti lugs to go with the Vossens. It was more expensive than the factory option, but they look great. PM me and I'm happy to connect you with them.

Thanks! PM sent.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
A company called Tikore made me a set for SEMA back in 2017 when I went there with the ADV1 wheels on my car. Tikore was owned by the group so they furnished them to me. My contact person left there a few years ago..