Launch mode on the GT

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I don't see any button on the steering wheel for thit feature - don't know if there is a button for it in the center console, or if we are having to do without this option??

would be nice to have, especially on a turbo car.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, launch control is available in all modes but wet. I would imagine it will be most effective in sport or normal, rather than track mode, when there is a little more give in the suspension.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
That's great reading.
Do you know how it's activated??

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
That's great reading.
Do you know how it's activated??

Looks like there is a launch button on the center console from the pictures I've seen.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Looks like there is a launch button on the center console from the pictures I've seen.

Looks like I'm wrong. Road & Track has a good video of the interior and there is no launch button on the center console. From top to bottom buttons are hazard, traction, suspension damper, and front lift.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusi.../video--ford-gt-on-full-display-at-naias.html

Mar 15, 2006
There is no launch button on the interior. But if DBK says the car has it then its in the settings I am sure.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
There is no launch button on the interior. But if DBK says the car has it then its in the settings I am sure.

Absolutely. In DBK we trust.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I think most cars don't have a launch button, but instead a procedure to tap various buttons/brakes and simply letting it go.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I think most cars don't have a launch button, but instead a procedure to tap various buttons/brakes and simply letting it go.

Correct, call up appropriate menu, foot on brake, floor gas pedal, await further instructions.....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
IN DBK WE TRUST!!!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
in my SL63 AMG the launch is started by stepping on the brake with your left foot, then pulling both paddle shifters toward you, select OK and then it instructs you to press the gas peddle and then launch...