Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Moose View Post
    Excellent photos! I like the clasp on the rear. Stormy, you will be getting your own soon!
    I know I will have one Clasp when I get my owners kit !!
    06 Tungsten # 1749 "Helenor "
    06 Red # 438 "Hellboy"
    Rallies: 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 9 , 10 , 11, Daytona 2016, Sebring 2016 , LeMans 2016, Lime Rock 2016, COTA 16
    200 MPH Club... 1st recipient of the " Bill Dickie Award "

Quote Originally Posted by ChipBeck View Post
    Gentlemen,

I thought #68 continued to be raced after LeMans because the team did not have a replacement chassis. Am I wrong about that?

Chip
    All the bodywork was removed immediately following Le Mans for post race inspection and preservation. The engine was pulled, torn down for post race inspection, and then reassembled in the U.S. by Roush Yates. The chassis did race again in IMSA with different bodywork and a new engine. After the end of the IMSA season, the car was torn down and reassembled with the bodywork and engine as raced at Le Mans.

Thanks Raj for explaining.

Thank you for the exact information as to the presevation of #68 Mr Nair. I hope your able to fill the museum with winning GT's at the end of the 2017 season also. Thank You again for your post. We always get exact information and very timely too.
    Rally II, Rally III, Rally IV, Rally V, Rally VII, Rally lX, Rally X, Rally 11, Barrett-Jackson 07, 08, 09,10, 2015 Daytona 24 Hr. Race

2006 Ford GT #1142 Purchased New May 11, 2006

May Daniel Rest In Peace
    May Ray fly high with the Angels

Thanks Raj for the explanation and thank you for saving the history of the car!! When I'm old and gray and hobbling around the Halls of the museum I can tell everyone I was there when it won! !
    06 Tungsten # 1749 "Helenor "
    06 Red # 438 "Hellboy"
    Rallies: 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 9 , 10 , 11, Daytona 2016, Sebring 2016 , LeMans 2016, Lime Rock 2016, COTA 16
    200 MPH Club... 1st recipient of the " Bill Dickie Award "

Default Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Nair View Post
    All the bodywork was removed immediately following Le Mans for post race inspection and preservation. The engine was pulled, torn down for post race inspection, and then reassembled in the U.S. by Roush Yates. The chassis did race again in IMSA with different bodywork and a new engine. After the end of the IMSA season, the car was torn down and reassembled with the bodywork and engine as raced at Le Mans.
    Raj,

That's genuinely cool. I hope you keep #68 in it's bug festooned state as long as possible. Like some of Andy Worhol's artwork it may not last forever but it's like a battle scarred tank or warplane as you preserved it. Well done and wow......just wow. What a ride you've taken us on. Yesterday DBK told me he was with Greg Miller at a Utah Jazz game in Salt Lake City. I relayed an event from our Rally 6 at Miller Motorsports Park when I was in the museum and discovered that Ken Miles #1 pale blue GT was unguarded and no one was around. I couldn't help myself and I opened the door and crawled in. Putting my hands on the wheel I closed my eyes and boom..... I was at hauling ass down the Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans. Who would have thought that 5 years later I'd actually be at Le Mans ON RACE DAY in my yellow GT chasing that same pale blue GT and you in a NFGT down that same straight at triple digit speeds. Even now it's hard for me to believe. And in a few short weeks I'll be picking up my own new GT. Really, seriously?!? Thanks brother, thanks a million.

Chip Beck
    Last edited by ChipBeck; 01-15-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.

LeMans-2010 & 2016, '16 LeMans Road Rally, All 11 Rallies, Indy '07, Rally to the Rally-'07, '08, '09, '10, '12, '16, Barrett-Jackson-'07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, Texas Mile-'09, '10, '11 (220.1 MPH), GT Mojave Speed Day, Mojave Mile '12, Matech and Robertson Racing LeMans Sponsor, NFGT coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by STORMCAT View Post
    Thanks Raj for the explanation and thank you for saving the history of the car!! When I'm old and gray and hobbling around the Halls of the museum I can tell everyone I was there when it won! !
    +1
    ... and what's also cool is there will be the new young Ford fanatics that will be seeing it in all of it's glory and feeling what we felt the first time we saw the 60s LeMans winning cars in person for the first time.
    Fastest official speed in stock block GT of 238.6mph (clocked 240 through entrance gates)!
    Mojave standing Mile - 226.4mph
    Mrs. Apollo, 231.1mph in stock block GT
    Texas Mile 221.5 mph
    Miami Mile 202mph
    Ford GT National Rally IV, V, VI, IX, X
    Le Mans 2010
    2016 Rolex 24 Hour - 2016 Laguna Seca GP NFGT 1st WIN!!
    Historic LeMans 2016!!!

Only here is there this kind of first hand information. We are lucky to be part of this forum.
    Blue 4 option #1725
    2013 F 150 Platinum
    2014 C 7 Z51 convertible

Rally VII, VIII, IX, X, XI
    Host GTGuys Atlanta 2015
    Road Atlanta 2015, 2016
    Le Mans 2016

Spectator

Here are some of my images from Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by STORMCAT View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I will never forget being there at Le Mans. Just incredible. Thanks Raj!

Vince H
    You must take the compromise to win, or else nothing.
    That means: you race or you do not.

Ayrton Senna