Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
and now back to our regularly scheduled program... Blue car coming soon... :biggrin

Tomcat

GT Owner
Nice choice, I'm a Pantera fan too! Just wasn't sure if this genre was too much for the forum!! R.I.P. Dimebag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So years ago, I am doing a car show with my Pantera and somebody asks me if I'm a Cowboy from Hell...I said, yeah I guess so? (not knowing about the band until I googled it)

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
and now back to our regularly scheduled program... Blue car coming soon... :biggrin

How soon? I expect to hear a lot of "best color/favorite color ever", comments when it shows up.

Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
That's too funny Tomcat!

The vids are commercials between the breaking news. It would be a fun separate thread.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
So what is the average price for a full Xpel Ford GT wrap?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
So what is the average price for a full Xpel Ford GT wrap?

I'm guessing pricey, as complex car with lots of angles....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Based off a pattern it's about $7-8k.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
That's on par with the old GTs if that includes the underside.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
How soon? I expect to hear a lot of "best color/favorite color ever", comments when it shows up.

I don't know exactly. All I know is I saw it at the factory it was near completion but that need to dyno test them and water tightness test them.. so it's going to definitely be sometime in June and probably sooner rather than later.

Tomy's white with blue stripe shouldn't be too far behind that. I'm expecting to get mine when I get back from LeMans probably towards the end of June depending on transportation arrangements.

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I was quoted $10,000 from the guys that just wrapped Jay Leno's. Extra for the windshield and underside... Thought that was a bit high.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I was quoted $10,000 from the guys that just wrapped Jay Leno's. Extra for the windshield and underside... Thought that was a bit high.

That's definitely high. 918 program it was also $7k for full car. 2 places here that do xPel kit were $7k and $7500 on GT.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
That's definitely high. 918 program it was also $7k for full car. 2 places here that do xPel kit were $7k and $7500 on GT.

Is paint correction necessary/advised prior to PPF? Thanks

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Is paint correction necessary/advised prior to PPF? Thanks

I'm having my car done this week, and they told me they would do any necessary paint correction before installing the PPF. I also plan on ceramic after the Xpel installed.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Is the near term liquid blue car equipped with white stripes?
Andy (ajb)

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I'm having my car done this week, and they told me they would do any necessary paint correction before installing the PPF. I also plan on ceramic after the Xpel installed.

I was wondering about the new cars...factory paints is good in all the colors?

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Xpel ultimate is ultra smooth and has a self healing surface. not sure why you would ceramic coat over that? I'd be curious to know if they would even recommended it..

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes it's a recommended step, over the film. They say reduces potential staining, increases gloss, and hydrophobic qualities, supposedly making it easier to clean. I just cheaped out, and got a "3 year" vs lifetime (c Quartz, or something like that), because my thought was, this car doesn't see rain, washed maybe 2-3 times a year, and I only expect the film to last 8 years. who knows if a bad descision... Time will tell

Does anyone have any info that the Suntek film is more expensive than the xpel film?

Xpel ultimate is ultra smooth and has a self healing surface. not sure why you would ceramic coat over that? I'd be curious to know if they would even recommended it..

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Yes, what he said ^
It's an extra $1500, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The roads are so bad in Louisiana. Between the rocks, tar, and potholes, I feel I need all the protection I can get. Only time will tell.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Easier to wash gunk off the ceramic coating.

image.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have the ceramic coating over my cars with the Xpel.Works and looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.