Back To The Future

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
A great article from Ford Performance regarding the 427 engine programs from 60's. Relayed in a story telling style - 1st person,, it's a pretty captivating piece. There's probably a couple of similarities in challenge between that era and the current one. Enjoy!

http://performance.ford.com/series/...-ford-.html?cks=426695750&emailid=FP_FASTNEWS

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Great read, 2 take aways, great quote "Egos were primary and money was secondary"

And I think a very important sentence in the authors notes. That is a team player.

"Additionally, while Joe Macura was grateful to be able to share the story of his unique role as a lead engineer over the 1966 GT40 MKII race-engine development, he requested that we also list the names of his Le Mans 427 engineering team, “Without whom I could never have achieved this success on my own,” as Macura said. He expresses a grateful salute to his key staff of Ford Motor Company colleagues on this project: Hank Lennox, Al Rominski, Gus Scusell, Jerry Stoll, Bill Galgota, Jerry Schly, Norm Faustyn and Mose Nowland."

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Duly noted. And in that regard, Forum members who attended Rally 10 in Dearborn might recognize the last name of that list. ;-))

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
good read thanks for sharing..

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Absolutely, and also pictured in your avatar, you don't forget stories like that.

Duly noted. And in that regard, Forum members who attended Rally 10 in Dearborn might recognize the last name of that list. ;-))

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks for putting that up. Great history and a most enjoyable read.

Chip