Ready to find my '05-'06 GT; who might be selling?

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Found my Tungsten No stripe!

1/23/17 Edit - This thread has been titled "Searching for my '05-'06 GT - who might be selling?" Now I am going to use the same thread for my "New Owner - Here's what I got!" posts.

Here is my best pic so far, followed by the original 12/20/16 post. Then I'll be adding some new pics and info onto the page 5 area. Thanks for looking and sharing my experience!

(12/20/16) With funding arranged, it is time to begin the serious fun of searching in earnest.

I am looking for an all-original paint, no-stories car. Picturing about half Garage-Queen, half well-cared for Driver. Mileage range 5k - 25k. Light mods OK like pulley/tune, maybe exhaust or bumper delete (if all original parts included) but not much more than that.

I just want the price to represent a good value for the individual car's given pluses and minuses. This should reflect the reality that the market has softened in the buyer's favor somewhat during the past 6 - 12 months.

Now here is where I am going to make this a lot harder on myself - I have gradually gone from fondness to lust for the no-center-stripe cars. I think I'll allow myself a month or two of aiming for one, but will eventually relinquish that criteria if it proves too elusive.

Color preferences: Blue, Silver, Gray - about a tie for first. Red, White - tie for second. Black third. Yellow, Heritage not in the running.

I would enjoy hearing from anyone here about your own car, even if you are unsure what the future holds, or for any other leads/tips.

:cheers
Brian
Denver area

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Good luck with your search. When you find it, let's go for a drive.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
These are exciting times for you. Enjoy them. A blue no stripe car will be tough to find.
A silver and gray also hard to find without stripes. I beleive most stripe deletes are black, which I am partial to.
Make sure you get your prospective purchase carefully imspected by a known pro.
Good luck!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think you'll have a hard time with all the regulars here not selling. Talk to Shelby at Elite motors or Marv Rose.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Look on Ebay. There is a 2005 White/blue stripe, 2 option 14,000 mile car for $249,900.

Tomcat

GT Owner

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Good luck Brian. If you find one you like, jump on it. And make sure you get a PPI.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone!

I'm scouting ebay, autotrader, cars.com and eliteautosllc.com regularly. Good reminder to check americansupers.com, and I should give Shelby and Marv calls as well.

I would really love to find a private owner opportunity right here!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Pick up the phone, as MANY deals happen where the cars are never listed.

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
I have a 2005 white 3 option, one owner, 1,300 mile no stories car for $ 299,000 / private owner, non advertised / call or email me for details SGB 770-900-5532

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
good luck on your search....

there is a blue no stripe hennessy car on eBay at the moment

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Do not put a time frame on finding your car...it will happen. Do not settle and be patient.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

I don't know either car, so I suspect the dealers selling them acquired them out of town, but can't be 100% sure. I think the white car has been there for quite a while.

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
I don't know either car, so I suspect the dealers selling them acquired them out of town, but can't be 100% sure. I think the white car has been there for quite a while.

I have been seeing the white one at the beach for over a year (when visiting my Mom).

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
See post by THamonGT.

If you like white, or would even consider it, buy that car asap and be done, and go have fun.
Dont mess with the used car dealers in Jacksonville you mentioned to at best maybe save a few bucks, and have an unknown car with who knows what unknown expensive $$$ issues

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I have no connection with the advertised car, but the Tungsten car on autotrader seems like a very likely candidate for Beez- it is his preferred color, has no top stripes, has 9K miles, and $257500 seems like a very low asking price if the car checks out.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have no connection with the advertised car, but the Tungsten car on autotrader seems like a very likely candidate for Beez- it is his preferred color, has no top stripes, has 9K miles, and $257500 seems like a very low asking price if the car checks out.

My tungsten has quicksilver side stripes...was black an "option"?

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
My tungsten has quicksilver side stripes...was black an "option"?

The side stripe decals are too high on the door.... doubt that was a factory mistake. They were added later.

Oh.. and Tungsten cars didn't come with black stripes.

Last edited:

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Just an FYI. Sight unseen, I bought my GTs from Shelby. I shopped nowhere else. Peace of mind was my issue and his reputation cured any concern I had. If you don't buy from a GT authority, you need a PPI from a qualified source like the GT Guys or buy a car that you know inside out. Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Just an FYI. Sight unseen, I bought my GTs from Shelby. I shopped nowhere else. Peace of mind was my issue and his reputation cured any concern I had. If you don't buy from a GT authority, you need a PPI from a qualified source or buy a car that you know inside out. Good luck with your search.

This