Ready to find my '05-'06 GT; who might be selling?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Congrats! Beautiful car and a great find. You certainly wont regret it at all.

Skully

GT Owner
Dec 14, 2013
Dousman, WI
I'm glad you found the right car. It was a pleasure talking to you about my GT. Enjoy every mile

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Enjoy!! Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats on a really great car. Im one of the few on the site who prefers no stripe as well. great find!

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
This is so cool, it is only beginning to slowly sink in....... me, an owner-member in this community now.

Hard to pick my favorite angle.... maybe this one?

I couldn't find even the tiniest nick on the center console. Makes it seem like I'm buying a new car.

Engine bay hygiene looking pretty good too

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Congrats and welcome to the GTForum family... only one car better than an 05/06 Ford GT... a 2017-2020 Ford GT!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Congratulations Beez, you have a very very nice car.

I like the stripeless cars as well, you did real good.

And your enthusiasm reminds us all how special these cars are.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Get Bridgestones...:)

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Get Bridgestones...:)

Yes sir, Bridgestones just ordered : ) Tires on the car are the originals, so gotta go. Especially with a Torrie Pulley/tune on order.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome to the best forum in the world Beez! And congratulations on becoming an owner of the best car in the world. I hope to meet you at our annual rally in the fall.

Ed

Tomcat

GT Owner
Yes sir, Bridgestones just ordered : ) Tires on the car are the originals, so gotta go. Especially with a Torrie Pulley/tune on order.
Wow..you are well informed! It took me ~2 years to do the same...then another year to do the Heffner pipe (WORTH IT!).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congrats on the new car! Only 25 of the 541 Tungsten cars were full stripe delete, and out of those only 12 had grey calipers.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Really pretty car.

tungsten all stripes delete

Awesome, congratulations! :thumbsup:cheers

In case i would find someone which would been crazy about my 101 for europe, midnight blue metallic since the day of delivery from Ford Switzerland on oct. 17th 2005, pulley and US-exhaust, i enjoy it if the weather is o.k. every 40 k miles i have on the clock, on roads and racetracks with yokohamaslicks, & i would sell it really only, for e bit of money, if i would find anotherone either in tungsten or quicksilver, ( without any stripes ) directly from the first owner.

So your's is like hitting the jackpot, and in such a short time, wow !

enjoy your GT in tungsten all stripes delete every day and every mile you can drive it, in the coming years

Felix

Last edited:

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
..... my midnight blue metallic, i would sell it really only, for e bit of money, if i would find anotherone either in tungsten or quicksilver, ( without any stripes ) directly from the first owner.

So your's is like hitting the jackpot, and in such a short time, wow !
enjoy your GT in tungsten all stripes delete every day and every mile you can drive it, in the coming years

Felix

Felix, thanks for the fun greeting. I started this search with Midnight Blue no-stripe as my absolute #1 favorite. But of course I could not pass this car up. We have both hit the jackpot : )

Can you give me a link to see some pics of your car?

Brian

quahog

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2017
Cape Cod
new car

I tried Bring a Trailer as less than auction prices but missed out.. Found one locally thru Hemmings as the price dropped after several months listed . I offered 8 % below new lower price. Near perfect shape, miles low and time to sell ! In my garage a week later... Quahog

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Brian,

Nice find with your no stripe Tungsten. I'm glad you did not buy Jon's car since that is the one I purchased. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
I tried Bring a Trailer as less than auction prices but missed out.. Found one locally thru Hemmings as the price dropped after several months listed . I offered 8 % below new lower price. Near perfect shape, miles low and time to sell ! In my garage a week later... Quahog

Congrats! - We would all very much enjoy seeing some pics of your new dream car! Not even knowing the color has me eager to learn more.

Brian,

Nice find with your no stripe Tungsten. I'm glad you did not buy Jon's car since that the one I purchased. I'm very happy with it.

I just went back through this thread to see that I didn't discuss Jon's car here, so I have to share with you how close it was to being mine. I had plane ticket, rental car, hotel, and Jon's word that it was on hold for me. It was really difficult to make the "I'm backing-out" call, but it helped that I had told Jon from our first call that the stripes were the only detail that differed from my fantasy find.

So we can say that my delete car popping up when it did was truly a win-win for the two of us : )

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I just went back through this thread to see that I didn't discuss Jon's car here, so I have to share with you how close it was to being mine. I had plane ticket, rental car, hotel, and Jon's word that it was on hold for me. It was really difficult to make the "I'm backing-out" call, but it helped that I had told Jon from our first call that the stripes were the only detail that differed from my fantasy find.

So we can say that my delete car popping up when it did was truly a win-win for the two of us : )

Amen to that! It was meant to be.

When I drove to WI to checkout at the car he told me that you almost bought the car but ended up going a different direction because of the no stripe car you located.

This was the only FGT I looked at. It took a total of 2 weeks from when I first spoke to the seller to when I owned the car. Everything went smoothly and no surprises.

Last edited:

lucky73

Apr 5, 2017
Did your WTB post help you find the GT you purchased or did you find it some other way?