Ready to find my '05-'06 GT; who might be selling?

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
Just an FYI. Sight unseen, I bought my GTs from Shelby. I shopped nowhere else. Peace of mind was my issue and his reputation cured any concern I had. If you don't buy from a GT authority, you need a PPI from a qualified source like the GT Guys or buy a car that you know inside out. Good luck with your search.

+1

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Give Andy House a call. He sells lots of "no stories" GTs.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Does his current office take outside calls?

Last edited:

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver

I could have used an "lol" at the end of that, was a little slow to figure out the joke.

acolvin

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2015
Ewa Beach, HI
Thank you for the Lol!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
good luck on your search....

there is a blue no stripe hennessy car on eBay at the moment

That car has kind of an interesting history.

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Just call Shelby and tell him what you want. That's how I got mine. Told him what I was looking for and he called when he had it. Easy Peasy. No Ads, no searching.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Shelby is your best choice.
Did mine on the phone.
Could not have been happier with the service or the result.
Best,
Mark

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Everyone has been so welcoming! Thank you for the PMs, the tips, the leads, and affirming the Platinum reputation of Shelby and other professional stalwarts of this community.

Naturally, a rainbow's number of hues has brought us each to this shared space. For me, the learning and research, shopping and inspecting, buying, selling, and negotiating is all part of the delicious 7 course meal of obtaining a special car. I want to savor each step, and easy-peasy may or may not be my path to the promised land.

My new searching update is that I am delighted to have an appointment in two days to consult about this process with a collectible Ford expert, who happens to live in my same neighborhood. A few here probably know Rich Barnes, aka Rockstar. For those that don't, please don't think that the noob, me, has stumbled by using that description. He has a decades-long passion and career very relevant to this search. Will be so fun!

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
If not buying from trusted source, strongly recommended having a PPI done by knowledgeable GT technician. See link below of a PPI form I posted years back.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/28160-FGT-PPI-List?highlight=List

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
If not buying from trusted source, strongly recommended having a PPI done by knowledgeable GT technician. See link below of a PPI form I posted years back.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/28160-FGT-PPI-List?highlight=List

Very helpful, thanks!

I am heeding community advice and planning for professional PPI when the time comes.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
+1 on Tomy's white car for sale or call Shelby.. bought my red '05 there - all class.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
That car has kind of an interesting history.

pm me Im always up for a good story :)

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
It appears it has been 4 weeks to the day since I started my searching thread. I am thrilled, geeked, and stoked all at once to post that I have secured my GT. Compared to my original target description, it differs mainly in being a lot lower miles (1575), more pristine, and a bit more money than I planned. All of which is pretty good news, I sure didn't "settle" for anything less than my dream car.

My take: who needs stripes with curves like these? : )

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Awesome, congratulations! :thumbsup:cheers

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Extremely sharp GT. Looks fantastic without the stripes, in that color. Congratulations!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Wowza! Congrats

Tomcat

GT Owner
CONGRATULATIONS! That car looks GREAT...and the fun is just beginning, I have a tungsten with quick silver stripes. Where are you located?
That was fast!

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
CONGRATULATIONS! That car looks GREAT...and the fun is just beginning, I have a tungsten with quick silver stripes. Where are you located?
That was fast!

Guys, thanks for the warm welcome! I am in Denver. I have been studying every online ad and doing homework for this for about a year. That prep had me ready to pounce during my first call about this car; if I hadn't, it would have been gone to someone else the next day.