Video of Red Car !!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So watching again, car is wearing alloy wheels, launch is has CF. In the oil lines pic above (at the green tape), wonder if there will be a spacer between the 4 lines where they will rub (something I have done on the 05, it use old heater hose to separate all lines that touch). Lastly under the bonnet, there are 3 tanks visible. Master cylinder is obvious. Others? Clutch master? Hydro fluid for steering / suspension (largest tank)? Windshield washer? coolant expansion?

Also battery is forward of drivers EDIT right wheel. I assume it's a li-on (so not the heavy lump like the 05). It's not centered in car, must have been nowhere else to put it.

Paul I think your right, intervention is needed.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Lot's of hydraulic fluid in this car for the steering, active aero and suspension I would say the big tank in front is for the Hyd. Fluid. I think the battery is in the lower front right side of the car ahead of the front wheel. It will be LI battery and is going to come with a Ctek type of charger..

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
More from the video: 1 & 2 are the Transmission coolers located in the left rear fender pod. One cooler for the Gear oil one cooler for the clutch fluid. They draw air from the NACA duct in the left side tunnel and direct it via a CF shroud directly to the two coolers. You can see the auxiliary elct. fan located on the back side that will draw air thru the system during low air flow conditions...

So the dual clutch unit is a wet design like PDK?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Total dislexia I edited, absolutely, drivers right.

. I think the battery is in the lower front right side of the car ahead of the front wheel. It will be LI battery and is going to come with a Ctek type of charger..

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
^^^^ I thought all is CF?

Wow just watched that vid what felt like frame by frame, several times. Suspension (of course, but street oriented) looks like the race car, especially the rocker. Other things I noticed, green tape highlights the air inlets that take the air thriugh the buttresses, from the intercoolers to the plenum. Silicone hoses, billet pullies on engine. Man so much to look at. Just a couple hours in the autoclave, and CNC....... Amazing

Good eye Andy. awesome indeed!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I guess the tranny shifts buy electric over hydraulic servos like an F1 car also?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So the dual clutch unit is a wet design like PDK?

yep.. It's the Getrag 7 spd DCT used by many other manufactures'

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015