First 4 Forum Members Finalize Specs and Sign Contracts for a New Ford GT.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I can tell you there was some sleepless nights trying to decide what color...:biggrin... I can also tell you my friends had absolutely no sympathy for my lack of sleep. I feel blessed to have had this dilemma

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I think everyone knows what color mine will be American Racing Color, White/ Blue Stripe. Best picture I have sorry.

That's in my top 3 also

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Sincere congrats to the FFF Team ... Forum First Four. You guys are all deserving to be at the head of the line. I'm only one year behind you so very excited to be in the middle of the queue.

usmcfred

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Congratulations guys. Truly exciting news. Thanks for sharing your color choices as well.

Where's the grabber blue?

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Luke Warmwater has to be #5, correct?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
This made my day. Congrats gentlemen. Well deserved. Keep us posted while the rest of us wait for our ordering windows.

Vince H

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
This is so exciting! Can't wait to see some of you guys in your cars. Congratulations! :thumbsup::cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I wonder what build numbers your cars will be? Will all four be consecutive? Will you be able to go to the factory to watch your cars being assembled?

Ed

PS Congrats! :)

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Huge Congrats to the first 4. Care to share any options other then colors. Curious if there is a special option list you can pick from. MSO which is McLaren special option group lets you basically do what ever you want if you got the money to pay for it. On my past 3 McLarens I have spent from 25K to over 100K in MSO options which includes custom paint, carbon not on option list, color stitching etc... Just wondering what the 4 of you got or stuck to the standard options.

Was there a race or sport exhaust, upgraded audio, etc...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It is not as varied as what MSO does, but there are a good amount of options. Due to the fact we ordered early, they expressed a preference we not unload all those details right now.

I would skip upgrade audio if there was such an option (there is not) because the cabin is probably going to be an acoustic disaster no matter what. Depending on spec, your doors, IP, floor, sills, rear bulkhead, center tunnel, etc are all varying amounts of cosmetic or structural carbon. That's not a good acoustic environment. I barely turned the radio on in the 06. I'll probably never turn it on in the 17.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Excellent post, Chip. Congratulations to you all. I can't wait to start hearing some of your driving impressions as you lucky folks start to take delivery!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Exciting times and well deserved! Can't wait to see these driving around! And seeing how the first four are optioned.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
yeah I agree on audio was just wondering since mac lambo Ferrari all has audio upgrades. hope you can release them soon to public. I have MSO sheet from past macs and would blow some minds to see all of that. You could add more MSO to a mac then the car even cost base price. I know a few 688s that are over a million. The new 3 seater which is a MSO car they selected the top 101 owners that spent the most amount with MSO and reward them with letting them buy a 2-3 million car. lol

that being said I take a no option base GT over anything out in the market but would still be nice to make it custom and unique to me.

It is not as varied as what MSO does, but there are a good amount of options. Due to the fact we ordered early, they expressed a preference we not unload all those details right now.

I would skip upgrade audio if there was such an option (there is not) because the cabin is probably going to be an acoustic disaster no matter what. Depending on spec, your doors, IP, floor, sills, rear bulkhead, center tunnel, etc are all varying amounts of cosmetic or structural carbon. That's not a good acoustic environment. I barely turned the radio on in the 06. I'll probably never turn it on in the 17.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Most sincere congratulations!

But I do now hate you all... :biggrin

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thats awesome guys.
How long is the build time from here??

Congratz

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Very erudite and well composed post Chip. I would echo the congratulations and enthusiasm of previous responses.

We're really looking forward to seeing these on UK streets too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Very erudite and well composed post Chip. I would echo the congratulations and enthusiasm of previous responses.

We're really looking forward to seeing these on UK streets too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess this Smee150 will be one of the first in The UK??

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
exciting day! I appreciate the "heads up" on the announcement from the Ford concierge!

Congratulations to the "first four! Hope to see many new GTs at next year's meet! Will make choosing a color easier (maybe?) for the rest of those waiting!!

aashelby

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2016
Dallas
Chip...very well said. It is exciting to see this project come to fruition and I know the Shelby family can't wait to get ours. We placed our order last Friday.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Congrats guys, that's really remarkable. You really deserved it. I am totally jealous.