GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Gonna have to have three boxes for that guy. One for him, one for his cahones, and one for his heart. Last of the original seven.

Godspeed John.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I remember his space shots as though they were yesterday. The end of an era. He was the last of the original Mercury-7 to pass.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A Great American who loved his Country. In 1962 I remember Carroll Shelby calling my Father to see if it was all right to send John Glenn to Texas City to drive our 1962 289 Cobra as all the Astronauts wanted to drive Cobras. He came down and scared the hell out of my dad while driving it. They worked Carroll for a while then General Motors furnished them corvettes to drive and Carroll was happy. They were like movie stars and worked every angle. John Glenn was my Dads favorite.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
A Great American who loved his Country. In 1962 I remember Carroll Shelby calling my Father to see if it was all right to send John Glenn to Texas City to drive our 1962 289 Cobra as all the Astronauts wanted to drive Cobras. He came down and scared the hell out of my dad while driving it. They worked Carroll for a while then General Motors furnished them corvettes to drive and Carroll was happy. They were like movie stars and worked every angle. John Glenn was my Dads favorite.
Cool story Tomy

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Humble Hero.. RIP

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
True American Hero, who loved his country, and served it in many ways!!! RIP and Godspeed!!!

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Moral,fearless and a true patriot, qualities which are in short supply today. RIP Sir

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Space pioneer. RIP.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
A great American!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Read about this yesterday. What a legacy and inspiration to all Americans.

Vince H

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
From WWII pilot to Korea, to the space program, to the Senate. He even tried to run for Prez. Hell of a life! And a genuine good guy and definitely had "the Right Stuff."

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Being a Child growing up in the 60's we had the space race, Johnny Quest and the real life hero Astronauts with John Glenn being #1 . A truly great American for sure . !! . God Speed and RIP Mr. Glenn.. :usa:usa:usa

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
An interesting article on Mrs Glenn, his partner of 73 years, and still with us.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nqueror-of-disability/?utm_term=.f0cc6b44eef7