2017 24 Hours of Le Mans

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Euro near parity with the Greenback and the Pound/Dollar exchange rate the best it's been in years. Stars have aligned. I just confirmed my plans to attend (BIG thank you AGAIN Malcolm).

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I am in too.

Do we have any rumors about a possible event yet ?

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
What's the best way to set up a trip? I'd be interested in going as well. Any tips?

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
I've already booked my hotel and tickets - but then it's easy for us having France next door.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What's the best way to set up a trip? I'd be interested in going as well. Any tips?

Getting a hotel will probably be your biggest challenge at this point. There are travel companies that have Le Mans packages. I'd call them pronto.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
We've booked a week in Italy for some opera stuff not long after Le Mans, so currently trying to sort logistics of doing both. Bummer for me is that they've just moved the Festival of Speed dates to one week later so it now clashes with Italy. Was hoping to bore Roz with some solid weeks of car stuff, so now its back to the drawing board

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Euro near parity with the Greenback and the Pound/Dollar exchange rate the best it's been in years. Stars have aligned. I just confirmed my plans to attend (BIG thank you AGAIN Malcolm).
You are most welcome as always, Paul, it is a pleasure to have you with us.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You are most welcome as always, Paul, it is a pleasure to have you with us.

Thanks Mal. You've been generous beyond belief.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
We've booked a week in Italy for some opera stuff not long after Le Mans, so currently trying to sort logistics of doing both. Bummer for me is that they've just moved the Festival of Speed dates to one week later so it now clashes with Italy. Was hoping to bore Roz with some solid weeks of car stuff, so now its back to the drawing board

Opera or Festival of Speed. Opera or Festival of Speed. Opera or Festival of Speed.

No matter how many times I say it, I still don't see the dilemma. :lol

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Opera or Festival of Speed. Opera or Festival of Speed. Opera or Festival of Speed.

No matter how many times I say it, I still don't see the dilemma. :lol

I'll arrange a call for you with Mrs Mongrel, she doesn't see a dilemma either.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hey Mal, sent you a PM, did you get it?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Met with the people from Ford of Europe. A smaller scale (but very similar) event will happen. Details hopefully within 2 weeks.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Getting a hotel will probably be your biggest challenge at this point. There are travel companies that have Le Mans packages. I'd call them pronto.

For the 2016 trip (which was beyond fantastic!) we used Air B&B. The home was great - the host was also a race official. And it was not at all expensive. Will do the same for 2017

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Hey Mal, sent you a PM, did you get it?

Just replied

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Beyond awesome

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Met with the people from Ford of Europe. A smaller scale (but very similar) event will happen. Details hopefully within 2 weeks.

In.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

in..

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
In !!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
In