The Grand Tour, Episode 3

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Visually: STUNNING. Everything else: UGH.

Watch it for the Italian travelogue. Fast forward whenever this self-absorbed trio is talking. (Truth in advertising: Amy liked it).

They blew up his house, if that amuses you.

This series seems to be everything I hated about Top Gear, on steroids.

But, the video quality is amazing.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
is this a TV show?

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
getting better but still too scripted....

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
is this a TV show?

It's on Amazon.

Joe

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Yes, the new "Top Gear" is not as good as the original - but better than none at all.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I like it. The Groundhog Day bit was funny.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Nice that they showed Yorkshire as it really is - cold, wet, miserable....

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
Hope to see TGT soon, they will be distributing it to over 200 countries this month. That said I am really looking forward to the new Top Gear as well now Chris Evans is gone. I see chemistry between the new trio Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Episode 3 was hilarious!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The 4th had may attention for the 1st 15 minutes, when they were actually driving the GT3RS, and the M4 GTS. When they were done with that, was horrible. The death of the "celebrity" coming to talk to them maybe was sort of funny the 1st time, not the 4th. Then the abomination of the "trucks" that they were driving, that included one "built" out of bones, and rotting animal flesh, where driver needed "nose tampons"? Sorry if it was funny to some, I guess I don't get it. The good news, only took me 30 minutes to get through it, as I FF through most of it. If the show was not in 4kHDR, I would not have watched past the 1st or second episodes. The picture quality is AMAZING.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So the Roku is good?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The 4th had may attention for the 1st 15 minutes, when they were actually driving the GT3RS, and the M4 GTS. When they were done with that, was horrible. The death of the "celebrity" coming to talk to them maybe was sort of funny the 1st time, not the 4th. Then the abomination of the "trucks" that they were driving, that included one "built" out of bones, and rotting animal flesh, where driver needed "nose tampons"? Sorry if it was funny to some, I guess I don't get it. The good news, only took me 30 minutes to get through it, as I FF through most of it. If the show was not in 4kHDR, I would not have watched past the 1st or second episodes. The picture quality is AMAZING.

Didja watch episode 3?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The Roku delivers the 4K to the Sony tv. Team effort, but the heavier lifting is the tv.

So the Roku is good?

Yes. Not as bad as the second one, but.....

Didja watch episode 3?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Roku delivers the 4K to the Sony tv. Team effort, but the heavier lifting is the tv.

Yes. Not as bad as the second one, but.....

Episode 4 had a few moments, but only a few. They could have pulled off the sustainable car thing with stucks, bricks and straw, so I didn't get the meat wagon, but maybe I missed a few moments in the setup. I think British writers are better when it comes to writing good "absurdity".

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I went to the filming of the Opening Sequences, so I will appear all season, but you'd have to look really hard for me, and not sure why anyone would.

They even had the 2017 Ford GT demo shell there in the open. It was a long, dusty, and super hot day out in the wastelands of California.

They had kind of a Mad Max / Burning Man theme going, and it was fun to look at all the crazy apocalyptic fire breathing custom machines, as well as the assortment of modern super car exotics and muscle cars. A fairly wide range of vehicles.

I felt horrible for all the cars getting caked in dirt during the filming, I mean, this was really a lot of dirt. A detailing nightmare for sure, to bring these back to their pre-show lustre I have to imagine.

Grandtour_zpspkiksns1.gif

Grandtour2_zpsj4y4lffc.gif

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well randy, you are representing the brand well (your shirt)! I so wish this show was better, or maybe it's me, and it doesn't suit my taste.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
It's not you. I barely made it through episode one. Haven't been back since.

Too bad Clarkson's ego (and temper) had to blow up a good thing by punching a Top Gear staffer.

But I'll be honest, when he got a 2005 Ford GT and proceeded to trash it for being problematic (when it was all related to that stupid alarm, required by British law, which sounds like a total scam between the government and the alarm industry...), I lost most of my respect for him. I lost the rest when he got rid of his GT for a Gallardo. A Gallardo???? :facepalm:

Good move on many levels Jeremy, particularly from an investment perspective. :rofl

As the Brits would say: WANKER!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Episode 5. I am a glutton for punishment. The highlight was the Soul Red Miata. The only highlight.

With all of Clarkson's millions, you'd think he could afford to get his teeth fixed. And, with all of Bezos's billions, some better writers.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
With all of Clarkson's millions, you'd think he could afford to get his teeth fixed.

:lol

It's part of his British-ness.

Sorry Mal....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Episode 5. I am a glutton for punishment. The highlight was the Soul Red Miata. The only highlight.

With all of Clarkson's millions, you'd think he could afford to get his teeth fixed. And, with all of Bezos's billions, some better writers.

I watched #5 today. The Morocco road trip was a highlight. Pretty cool countryside, especially that twisty road. The killing-the-guest-star shtick is getting a little old though.