Ford Performance Racing School Review

Mar 15, 2006
About a month ago I was able to go to the Ford Racing School outside of Salt Lake City. Brought my 17 year old son with me and did a 2 day program. First day was in GT350's and second day in race prepped Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustangs. I've been to a few driving schools before including Porsche school at Barber along with Bondurant. Had a very good experience at both of these. The Ford school was even better. The cars, instructors, seat time, food, track, instruction was all top notch. I had a high expectation level going there and they exceeded it. If you own a GT350 or have been thinking about getting one then you need to go drive a 350 on a track with instructors. Ive owned mine for a while but had no idea what it was capable of. One of our instructors was Billy Johnson who races for Ford / Multimatic / Gnassi in the GT350R-C and GT - great guy as were all of the instructors. Met lots of fellow Ford / GT350 owners who were also there for their final class of the season.

2017 will be even better as they will add programs for the Raptor and Focus RS. There was also talk of a special GT program for new owners! I'd highly recommend this school to anyone and especially to Ford Performance owners and enthusiasts. DBK may even want to put together some sort of a FGT forum program.. Just a thought.

If you're the kind of person who others have a hard time finding the right birthday or Christmas gift for, just ask for a gift certificate to go to the Ford Performance Racing School. PS - the father / son experience was also great and I would highly recommend to other dads/ sons.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How would you compare it to the Bondurant classes? (Which one did you take there?)

Mar 15, 2006
I had a lot of fun at Bondurant too and would highly recommend them both. If I could only choose one, I'd go with Ford. Another thing about the Ford school is the track which is one of the best in America. I'd like to do the Bondurant school in the Vipers at some point as well. I don't get to do this very often but every time I go to a driving school I learn something new.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Mercedes does a free school whenever you purchase an AMG car from them... had a great time... been to 2 or 3 of them... another next year as well. It would be great if Ford did the same thing for ll that purchased the new GT. But... with AMG you are not driving your car so not chance of damaging your ride :)

I didn't even know Ford Performance offered a driving school.

Mar 15, 2006
I bought a GT350R and thus the GT350 school was paid for by Ford. We chose to do the second day of the school where we got to drive their track prepped Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustangs. The cost for this was around $1500 for the second day. Overall, it was a very good value in my opinion. Again, I can't over emphasize how impressive the GT350 is on a race track. Unless you're a very advanced driver, you will have no idea of what the GT350 is capable of until you go to the Ford School and ride with one of their instructors.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing .. no one can wring out a Mustang like Billy Johnson !! well maybe Scott Maxwell would be close :)

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Mercedes does a free school whenever you purchase an AMG car from them... had a great time... been to 2 or 3 of them... another next year as well. It would be great if Ford did the same thing for ll that purchased the new GT. But... with AMG you are not driving your car so not chance of damaging your ride :)

I didn't even know Ford Performance offered a driving school.
I'm sure they will for GT owners since they offer the first day free to all Ford Performance (ST, RS, GT350,...) owners. I too highly recommend paying for the second day since you're already out there. The whole program is a great value.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
There was also talk of a special GT program for new owners! I'd highly recommend this school to anyone and especially to Ford Performance owners and enthusiasts. DBK may even want to put together some sort of a FGT forum program..

If they'll offer training in their cars, and then we can get our GTs on the track with instructors, or training in our GTs (as I did at Willow Springs) I'm in. Probably in any way.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If they'll offer training in their cars, and then we can get our GTs on the track with instructors, or training in our GTs (as I did at Willow Springs) I'm in. Probably in any way.

:thumbsup:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The last document we received stated they would furnish someone at delivery to teach us how to drive.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
you believe that helps in your case :leaving:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I have requested Raj Nair since he grew here.