New GT Toy Models From Ford

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
I got another GT model of the special edition and have compared both Maisto models, the special edition and the exclusive. The exclusive model is by far the better one, it has the closed windows, the silver head lights (the special edition has the gold headlights, first prototype?) and proper brakes. The brakes on the cheaper model are just terrible, sort of small steel brakes. The exclusive version is red or blue with stripes, the special edition yellow, silver with stripes or plain blue. Some sellers are offering plain models as exclusive so be aware.
IMG_1334_zps4ucfzmcz.jpg

IMG_1326_zpseaw8ylgx.jpg

brakecompare_zpsgafhuhcx.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
1/18th scale LeMans winner pre order is available, I pre ordered one (note I have no affiliation past being a customer). There is also a 1/43 (I pre ordered that one a while ago)

http://www.motorsportcollector.com/...bruary+11,+2017+Email+Update&utm_medium=email

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
where did you find the red 1:18 Maisto Ford GT?

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
There is also a 1/43 (I pre ordered that one a while ago)

Me, too. Any idea on the delivery date? I got a "pay on delivery" notice from PayPal, so I called the company (fearing that somehow it had been delivered but went missing). Apparently, they were supposed to be here before year-end 2016 but they're delayed.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No idea. I don't even remember when I ordered. These die casts can take forever.

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
where did you find the red 1:18 Maisto Ford GT?

I bought mine via Ebay from an Italian modelshop.
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/122345508451?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
They seem to be getting rare in USA (not one red GT on Ebay.com), but he has plenty of stock. Not sure if he sends to USA.
Else here is another Italian seller with the red car:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/p-Ford-GT-2017-Exclusive-Series-Maisto-1-18-MA38134BU-p-/332078611562?hash=item4d516d7c6a:g:ivYAAOSw-0xYaXfb

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I found 2 that will ship to the US... Thanks for the heads up!

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
[video=youtube;SxM5-naCJsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxM5-naCJsg[/video]

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I've got two of the grey and one blue from the Ford website if anybody finds a solid white car let me know!

Attachments

• 2017-02-21 13.52.58.jpg
    2017-02-21 13.52.58.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 169

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
There will be white cars with stripes in resin from TSM. Or if you want to spend some extra money, find a modder who can paint the car to your exact specification (probably wheels, calipers and interior as well, even a bit of carbon decaling). The Maisto is a good start, although the exclusive version is the preferred one (better lights, brakes and closed windows). I know someone in California who does this work on a commercial basis if you need a contact. Can't say anything about USA prices, in Europe such rework would be around 900 euros.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I've got two of the grey and one blue from the Ford website if anybody finds a solid white car let me know!

Trip to the hardware store for a can of appliance white..make your own.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
There will be white cars with stripes in resin from TSM. Or if you want to spend some extra money, find a modder who can paint the car to your exact specification (probably wheels, calipers and interior as well, even a bit of carbon decaling). The Maisto is a good start, although the exclusive version is the preferred one (better lights, brakes and closed windows). I know someone in California who does this work on a commercial basis if you need a contact. Can't say anything about USA prices, in Europe such rework would be around 900 euros.

Trip to the hardware store for a can of appliance white..make your own.

yea I've taken them apart and done my own customs in the past,, but short on time at the moment !! for 30 bucks it easier to buy one,,:biggrin

Hans Efde

Jan 16, 2016
I agree with you, but unfortunately I am not seeing other GT models released. There was hope (and rumors) AutoArt would bring out a GT. Then it would probably have a moving spoiler, correct opening doors and much better detailing (although much more expensive, towards 200usd). AutoArt also has a habit of releasing models in white, black and silver, but it's not going to happen this year.