Great Gee with Eddie FourFather Hill and his Ariel Atom

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Great Gee at Hallett, both Clockwise and Counter clockwise, with Eddie FourFather Hill and his 2012 Ariel Atom 3 demonstrator/company car.

Last weekend at Hallett, I was blessed with finishing second in the Open Wheel final on Saturday, running Counter clockwise, against a field of 13 single seat race cars, and then winning first overall in the Open Wheel final on Sunday, running with most of the same cars, but running Clockwise.

Big fun, and my Atom is ready for the next race, with nothing done to it all weekend but gas added and lug nuts checked.

And, just like the last nine years, my Ariel Atom is always the only streetable, two-seater, competing in the Open Wheel class, a field of single-seat race-only cars.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Well done!

2g lateral - that's really something!

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Well done!

2g lateral - that's really something!

Thank you! Feels wonderful-Habit forming- requires getting a very light carbon fiber helmet and getting neck muscles in shape. :thumbsup

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Those are really cool little cars! I drove the Formula Mazda cars at Bondurant, would they be in the same class?

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Those are really cool little cars! I drove the Formula Mazda cars at Bondurant, would they be in the same class?

Actually the white car right behind me in this video is a formula Mazda. I am actually in FAA(Formula Ariel Atom) class, but as you can see here, we ALL run together, formula Continental, formula Atlantic, formula Ford, Thunder roadsters, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgUNet7Rfz8

I have won my FAA class yearly championship the last four years, but what I am proud of, is winning the overall open wheel final, as I have before, and did again last weekend, with my two-seat streetable Ariel running against pure single-seat race-only cars. :thumbsup

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Congratulations Eddie!

What a fun time it is to read how you are so fired up with your Atom and road racing after your world championship accomplishments in the ranks of Top Fuel in cars and boats.

Stay safe and healthy!

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I love Hallett, half because it's a fun track and half because my great friend Toly designed and built it!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
That was awesome, congrats!

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Congratulations Eddie!

What a fun time it is to read how you are so fired up with your Atom and road racing after your world championship accomplishments in the ranks of Top Fuel in cars and boats.

Stay safe and healthy!

Thank you, KJRGT.

Winning the final last weekend was just as much fun as my first win in 1949, when I was 13, on a Cushman motorscooter.
The good Lord has really blessed Ercie and me with continuing good health, and we thank him every single day. Ercie and the puppies go with me in our motorhome, so it is a family affair, and we all enjoy it. :thumbsup

My miniature Doxy likes to drive the Ariel around in the pits, but she can't reach the throttle, so I have help-

Last edited:

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
I love Hallett, half because it's a fun track and half because my great friend Toly designed and built it!

I totally agree on the fun track! And I was privileged to see Tony at the track, some time ago, and hear some of his stories. Very colorful and interesting man!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Good to hear from you sir. It has been a long time. Excellent seeing you all in good health and having so much fun.
Maybe your #1 fan but I know I have stiff competition :)

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
That was awesome, congrats!

Thanks, Soroush.

A frequent and generous dose of Gee- good for the body, good for the soul! :thumbsup

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I ate lunch at the Eddie Hill restaurant in Hallandale Beach a few months ago...does that place have anything to do with you?

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Good to hear from you sir. It has been a long time. Excellent seeing you all in good health and having so much fun.
Maybe your #1 fan but I know I have stiff competition :)

Thank you, sir. I hope you and yours are healthy and happy as well!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Hi Eddie, thanks for sharing this with us and congratulations on the success! I sure would like to say that I love your positive attitude to life and wish you continued success and good health. What an inspiration!
Thank you. Terry.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
I ate lunch at the Eddie Hill restaurant in Hallandale Beach a few months ago...does that place have anything to do with you?

No sir, no affiliation at all.

I love the name, though! :thumbsup

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Hi Eddie, thanks for sharing this with us and congratulations on the success! I sure would like to say that I love your positive attitude to life and wish you continued success and good health. What an inspiration!
Thank you. Terry.

Terry, thank you for the kind words and well wishes. I wish the same for you and yours!