Extended paint palette..??

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
You could get the NFGT in Gulf Blue and then add the Gulf graphics and orange bits. I did that with my Cayman GT4. PTS Gulf Blue stripper. Break in miles done and ready for the track! Sorry for the thread drift.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 634
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 715
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 644

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Sorry, put this in wrong thread but moved it to Welcome Guide Thread.

Attachments

• 2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-14.jpg
    2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-14.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 615
  • 2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-9.jpg
    2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-9.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 655
  • 2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-2.jpg
    2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 619
  • 2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-18.jpg
    2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-18.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Some thing, wrong thread but moved to Welcome Guide thread.

Attachments

• 2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-3.jpg
    2017-Ford-GT-US-Welcome-Guide-3.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
But still you get a car compared to more than 5000 others that don't

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
thanks for the info, to clarify, the colors that we see in the online configurator are the standard colors and the extended is paint to sample/custom? or will there be some other standard colors coming with the welcome package?

thanks!

Extended color palette is going to add time and complexity to your order. And a lot of money. If you choose to spec a color not in range, you're going to have to (literally) sign off on the sample and then there's no going back.

Don't expect approval to spec pink or lime green with an orange interior and blue brakes.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
thanks for the info, to clarify, the colors that we see in the online configurator are the standard colors and the extended is paint to sample/custom? or will there be some other standard colors coming with the welcome package?

thanks!

The colors you see on the configurator will be "check box" colors, and I think the multi-step Liquid colors are a slight premium over the rest. I know Liquid Red is but I haven't seen the other two. That's all you'll get in the welcome kit.

The extended paint will be sample/custom like going through MSO or Ad Personam.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Do any of you know of an easy way to configure the NFGT in extended colors; meaning a way to "try" different colors out much like the GT configurator? Attempting to determine if anything beats liquid blue or the heritage '66 scheme for me.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
This looks like JAXGT?

Ed

Attachments

• 2017-Ford-GT-Digital-Color-Visualizer-28-800x467.jpg
    2017-Ford-GT-Digital-Color-Visualizer-28-800x467.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 467

djslicer

GT Owner
Jul 6, 2006
Is it possible to have one painted the red, white, & blue colors just like the race car?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Is it possible to have one painted the red, white, & blue colors just like the race car?

No.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York

Vinyl Wrap! (with decals).

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
This looks like JAXGT?

Ed

Who doesnt like purple?

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I'd like some guidance from the early guys if that's possible. I am very interested in doing PTS and I find myself lately obsessing about different colors however, I'm still 11 months away from the earliest ordering window. What Would be beneficial to me is to know if despite my order window not being open if it's possible to initiate the PTS discussion so that I could identify if a specific color is available. Like that I would be well ahead of the process when my window opens. Any suggestions?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Who doesn't like moose brown, deer grey or camo?

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Question about PTS. When one car is produced in a custom color is that the only car produced in that color? DBK and Frisella both talk about their cars as 1 of 1 which makes me believe that is the case. While it is sad to have two beautiful colors off the market I’m kind of hoping that each custom color is unique, would really make each special and encourage a great diversity of colors.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Who doesn't like moose brown, deer grey or camo?

17228833b4a47d0146345c82808a8fd9.png
one sure way of having 1 of 1. :wink:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Easiest way to start is to find an Axalta distributor near you and go get the sample catalog.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The Axalta catalog is something like 1400 colors, so unlikely you not going to find something. The concierge team is pretty swamped, with so many details, I would not think they would really be able to assist until your window comes. But it's worth getting going to get your ideas in line in advance to be ready when the time comes. Samples take about 2-3 weeks to be produced for review. It's amazing how many different shades of colors there are on cars on the road.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
The Axalta catalog is something like 1400 colors, so unlikely you not going to find something. The concierge team is pretty swamped, with so many details, I would not think they would really be able to assist until your window comes. But it's worth getting going to get your ideas in line in advance to be ready when the time comes. Samples take about 2-3 weeks to be produced for review. It's amazing how many different shades of colors there are on cars on the road.

Ive never herd of this company until now. Will try to locate a catalog. Thanks

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Axalta is the former DuPont coatings business. DuPont sold it to private equity in 2013 and it is now publicly traded under ticker AXTA. Warren Buffet owns 10%.