South Florida

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Yes got mine this morning as well. The "Canada Welcome Guide", 8:07 am. Thankfully, as everywhere I go now in the car world I am constantly asked "whats going on with the new GT? When is it coming?"
Yesterday I was at and end of season cruise and dinner and they wanted to know if I was bringing the new GT!!
This is very exciting!!! Thanks Ford GT Concierge and the Ford GT team!! I look forward to the journey together.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I'm still waiting......refreshing my inbox every 60 seconds or so!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Cool --- 21 pages... just printing and reading now.. !!

andy (ajb)

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Just finished reading it. Very detailed, some great pictures and very impressive.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I just received mine at 9:35 AM this morning. It will continue to be a long wait given the steps. One of the steps during the order process describes the following:

"Transacting with Your Preferred Selling Dealer At this point, we encourage you to work directly with your Ford GT Preferred Selling Dealer to agree upon the transactional price of the vehicle. "

So does this mean that the dealer can and WILL charge a "market adjustment" price mark-up to those of us kind enough to choose them as our delivery point? If so, I'm not very happy about that given that the dealer I purchased my "run of the mill" Shelby GT350R wanted $40K over sticker. Doing some simple math, that could amount to $250K over MSRP if the dealers have the ability to do what they want or "negotiate" with us.

There is also a possibility that many of us would not see our finished cars until 2010 according the brochure. Again, a long process with lots of steps along the way. Another quote from the brochure that punctuates this point: "As you embark on this extraordinary adventure, remember that it’s about the journey and the ride. Soon you will personally experience our pride, passion and ingenuity in the ultimate expression of everything we do great at Ford."

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I just received mine at 9:35 AM this morning. It will continue to be a long wait given the steps. One of the steps during the order process describes the following:

"Transacting with Your Preferred Selling Dealer At this point, we encourage you to work directly with your Ford GT Preferred Selling Dealer to agree upon the transactional price of the vehicle. "

So does this mean that the dealer can and WILL charge a "market adjustment" price mark-up to those of us kind enough to choose them as our delivery point. If so, I'm not happy.

Remember, you choose the selling dealer. If they wanna play the "mark up game", you simply choose another selling dealer.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Remember, you choose the selling dealer. If they wanna play the "mark up game", you simply choose another selling dealer.

Ya, right! It's not really that simple, as FMC have clearly stated that they are restricting and limiting geographic market allocations. It then becomes a function of choosing who will hose you the least. Trust me, any dealer will try to get as much as he or she can on a special car like this, and only a few dealers will be able to deliver the car.

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ya, right! It's not really that simple, as FMC have clearly stated that they are restricting and limiting geographic market allocations. It then becomes a function of choosing who will hose you the least. Trust me, any dealer will try to get as much as he or she can on a special car like this, and only a few dealers will be able to deliver the car.
I thought the "no dealer markup" sounded too good to be true. Time will tell what really shakes out of this tree.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

That's incorrect. The requirements to be a selling dealer were very minimal. The requirements for being a servicing dealer were substantial. There is no geographic limitation by market where you can purchase your car. If you're in Florida, you can buy your car in California, Michigan, wherever. You can't buy outside of your market though.

Dealers are well compensated for being the selling dealer. The customer holds the allocation. The customer can change the selling dealer. The choice becomes deliver a car at MSRP and be well compensated for it, or don't.

There are already many dealers in the U.S market that are more than willing to deliver the car for MSRP. The cars will be sold at MSRP. If for some reason anyone has an issue with this, let me know and I will help you get it sorted.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Interesting how the pricing will play out. I guess we all assumed the sales price was MSRP since we were given the allotment but I don't think that was ever specifically stayed. If that is not the case I'm sure many may be priced out of ownership. My guess is this will be worked out to our benefit although that may be an optimistic hope.:facepalm:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Look, let me state this unequivocally, you will be buying your car at MSRP.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Awesome Dave! You are the man!

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Does the order process start for everyone now, or will the clock start date vary depending on where in time you are allocated a car. The guide seems to imply that the clock starts now for everyone and that we will need to be prepared to make our 50% deposit in 105-145 days???

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts

Thanks Dave.

After reading the Welcome Guide, it certainly "implied" that some sort of price negotiation between the buyer and SELLING dealer would occur.

I feel better now!

usmcfred

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
maybe that's for a discount off MSRP? :)

Thanks Dave.

After reading the Welcome Guide, it certainly "implied" that some sort of price negotiation between the buyer and SELLING dealer would occur.

I feel better now!

usmcfred

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location

Geez, quit waffling, will you? :lol

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California

Thanks Dave. I believe it's Ford's intention that we enjoy the process of ordering, building and receiving the GT. Let's get ready for an awesome journey!

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Got mine. not much tangible info, beyond a 50% deposit when order is locked in for production.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Wow! Black exterior is not available in the US eastern seaboard market! :lol