Rally 11 Poster

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
looks like a classic 1961 Chevy Bel-air in the garage.
andy (ajb)
Good eye, unfortunately 4 door, high thrift 6 cyl, auto. Nice shape though.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
It was a pretty strong gust that closed the clamshell for me. The mounted poster will add a bit of weight as well. Sometimes our car shows here have a little cooler weather than Florida or Texas. This can affect the hydraulics, which seem to do quite well when it's warm, but I'm keeping my eye on them for replacement when due. Thanks. Do you have a source, brand, part #? Without the dealership premium for the same item?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I replaced mine at the Dealership . Ordered from Ford parts and Service. Cannot find the invoice but I recall parts were about $40.00 each.
ajb(andy)

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Sounds like a barain g @#$%^ bargain. Thank you.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Sounds like a barain g @#$%^ bargain. Thank you.

I just had my car in for an oil change and also had the struts replaced. Probably the cheapest part on the car. Two 5G7Z*63406A10**AA Lift assembly-gas @ $42.50 each. Labor charge to replace was $110 for a total of $195 before sales tax.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Save the labor charge as they just snap on and off very easily. these struts are probably the cheapest parts to replace on the GT.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yes indeed, super easy to replace. Can do it in 5 minutes each. And yes, they are a bargain!!

GT%20Parts-3140_zpstigadgv2.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yes indeed, super easy to replace. Can do it in 5 minutes each. And yes, they are a bargain!!

GT%20Parts-3140_zpstigadgv2.jpg

Note the "2004" on the stickers.

I'm a bit leery of these "New Old Stock" parts, especially after seeing a forum member's clamshell with brand "new" struts blow shut in a light breeze. Sitting on the shelf seeping nitrogen for 12 years.

I'm going to spec some struts from McMaster Carr. $17 each. 15.24" is the correct length I think. Just have to figure out the right extension force. Weight of clamshell on a bathroom scale divided by two, and add 10 lbs each for wind resistance.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#gas-struts/=15m1at7

Last edited: