Pre Rally Tuesday 9-13

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
How many are rolling in Tuesday ? We can meet around 10:00am and do a short cruise to lunch and then see some sites. Dinner will probably be either at a nice lakefront restaurant or a local Tex-Mex spot near downtown. I know Spirit needs seafood and chicken whenever he can get it. Here are a few possibilities of lakefront dining:

http://oasis-austin.com/

http://rustyrudderlaketravis.com/

http://www.countyline.com/CountyLineLake.html

http://www.canyongrilleroughhollow.com/

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Amy and I will be there for the Tuesday events.

Thanks for taking this on, Chris.

BTW, Thursday appears to be a pre-rally day. Nothing going on besides official arrival day that I can tell. Unless there is the usual ice-breaker Thursday evening. Still, the entire day appears to be free.

Bandera, Kerrville, LBJ State Park?

Lots of photo ops at LBJ. GTs and longhorns, LBJ's presidential jet, etc.

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Amy and I will be there for the Tuesday events.

Thanks for taking this on, Chris.

BTW, Thursday appears to be a pre-rally day. Nothing going on besides official arrival day that I can tell. Unless there is the usual ice-breaker Thursday evening. Still, the entire day appears to be free.

Bandera, Kerrville, LBJ State Park?

Lots of photo ops at LBJ. GTs and longhorns, LBJ's presidential jet, etc.

I believe there's the usual meet and greet Thursday evening, plus practice day at COTA for those interested

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, meet and greet is Thursday evening at JW Marriott.

We DO have tickets for Thursday, but COTA will not be setting up either the car corrals or hospitality units for that day (odd). If anyone wants their ticket for Thursday to go watch practice, I will park myself downstairs at the JW and hand them out. Or alternatively, I will be at the JW starting on Tuesday, so I can give anyone who wants their materials from Tuesday forward.

I will send out digital copy of sked tomorrow.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ok. I'm good with surprises. As long as I don't miss them.

But, we have two official days at the track. I know that is more than enough for me. I really can't imagine that spouses/sig o's who are traveling long distances to a way cool place need three track days.

I'm two cocktails in at the moment, but I might be willing to take on a Thursday cruise if there is enough interest. With the proviso that I am a tourist too and I could **** it up.

Anyway, just casting the bait to see if any bites.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

But, we have two official days at the track. I know that is more than enough for me. I really can't imagine that spouses/sig o's who are traveling long distances to a way cool place need three track days.

That's what I figured as well, and why I didn't put it on the official schedule.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
We'll be unloading the GT Tuesday morning and are in for the Tuesday activities, as well as Wednesday & Thursday.

Jeff

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Heidi & I ready for a Tuesday pre-Rally event.

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

So, you're telling me my wife is unique if she would be happy with three track days? :lol
Actually, she is really looking forward to seeing everyone. Monica even did her nails, which she only does for special occasions - like the Ford GT events such as LeMans and this.:thumbsup
20160909_111755.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So, you're telling me my wife is unique if she would be happy with three track days? :lol
Actually, she is really looking forward to seeing everyone. Monica even did her nails, which she only does for special occasions - like the Ford GT events such as LeMans and this.:thumbsup

Ha! I have no doubt that Monica would love three days ON the track. Three days watching is something else.

Especially, with world class roads to drive. Historic places to visit. Great food (I'm sure the track food is awesome :lol).

Texas Hill Country is up there with the best. :)

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Ha! I have no doubt that Monica would love three days ON the track. Three days watching is something else.

Especially, with world class roads to drive. Historic places to visit. Great food (I'm sure the track food is awesome :lol).

Texas Hill Country is up there with the best. :)

Very true about having to watch for three days being different. We love Texas. Have some relatives there in the Marble Falls area. Going to be a great time!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Any idea where we will be meeting at 10:00AM Tuesday morning?

I want to make sure I allow enough time to get the trailer unloaded, dropped off, and get to the meeting place on time.

Jeff

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
GT Pre Rally Tuesday itinerary

I will print copies also to hand out. Most of this route I drive around once a week if not daily. I hope you like hills and curves.

Meet at Sleep Inn at the Domain 14004 Owen Tech Blvd Leave at 11:00
Lunch Ski Shores 3103 Pearce Rd
Leave around 1:30
2222 west to Anderson Mill
Left on 1431
Right on Nameless
Left on 183
Left on 29
Stop at Shell Station Bertram
South on 1174
Left on 1431
Regroup at Lago Vista Exxon
Left to Anderson mill or break at Gnarly Gar
Right on Anderson Mill
Right on dies Ranch road
Left on Anderson Mill
Left on Bullick Hollow Rd
Rt on Oasis Bluff dr.
Dinner at the Oasis
Park on ground left of parking garage, if no room parking garage.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Sounds good. Here's a map for the hotel. I guess we are near the Domain, but this isn't in the Domain.

15 min from trailer parking to the hotel.

sleep inn austin north.jpg

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Want us to come over for dinner? I'll need 2 hrs. The GT is at home, but worth the trip.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I love Ski Shores! Haven't been there in years.